My girlfriend and I stayed at the Coral View during NYE 2013-2014 week and we really enjoyed our time there, from the service to the location and the food... everything was excellent! So I'll break it down for you:
- The service was really nice, Miss Tonya (hope to spell it right) and the girls (I remember Karen) were at the counter and they were very happy and helpful and always made us feel like home.
- The location was perfect, right by the side of the coral reef; far enough from town to avoid the noise but also close enough to get there on a bike in less than 15 minutes. Is also very close to Chepes Beach (about 10 minutes walk).
- The rooms are very clean and have AC, the beds are nice and you have a bathroom with plenty of hot water. We had a view of the lagoon but there are other rooms with a sea view.
- The Bar is beautiful and very relaxing, located at the end of the dock is perfect for tanning and chilling with a nice cold beer at very reasonable prices. (Hellen, the bar tender, is a sweetheart and can help you with advice of what to do and how to get around the island)
- The diving was amazing! even with only a snorkel you can see every kind of colorful fish and coral right by the side of the docks...tons of fun! and for those more experienced divers there is also a 120ft drop right ahead... simply marvelous!
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- The bar closes too early (about 19:00) and you have to go to Chepe's Beach for a beer.
- The swimming pool is nice but is salty so is kind of pointless if you have such a beautiful sea to swim right beside.
- Even with the clean rooms and the mosquito net in every window you can have a little problem with the sand fleas, repellent can come in handy. (is not that bad... they really don't disturb your sleep).
So that's about it... The place is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, you'll enjoy going there no matter what you're looking for! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are seeking relaxation or adventure, Coral View Beach Resort has the perfect tropical vacation in store for you. Experience incomparable personal service at this family-owned and operated resort. Stay in a luxury room with air-conditioning, hot water, a private bath, wireless internet access and an ocean or lagoon view. Dive with our full-service PADI Dive Center (packages and certification available). Make your trip an adventure with our whale watching, snorkeling and kayaking excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Coral View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral View Beach Hotel Utila