“Great Value, Great Staff!”
Review of Mango Inn Resort

Mango Inn Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Utila B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a great place to stay for the value minded traveler. The rooms were clean, quaint, and very reasonably priced. If you are looking for lots of amenities, this is not the place for you. The rooms are basic but met all of my needs. The room had air conditioning so it was nice and cool when it was hot outside. Met a lot of great people in the pool or at the bar. The staff was excellent. They were always available to drive me to and from the dive shop. Also, the airline lost my luggage. The office staff continuously called the airlines until they were able to track it down and have it delivered to them. The next time I visit Utila I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Four2n8guy

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was a great little hotel and was far beyond what I expected, the pool was nice and clean and plenty of chairs around the pool. The hotel cafe was great but had limited options. Rooms - have plenty to choose from, we had the A/C room b/c of the time of year we went but they offer cheaper rooms with only a fan and even cheaper with a hostel type room.

Only problem I had was the distance to UDC ever morning. This was a package deal so I thought they were close but actually about a 15-20 minute walk.

Other than that I would definately stay at again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank bhubb
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I love this place! I've been going back for years. The staff in the hotel are helpful and friendly, especially in the office, I love those ladies!! The rooms vary, treat yourself to a private room with air-conditioning if you can afford it, but even the dorm rooms are decent, and always clean. You can't beat the beautiful pool surrounded by a tropical garden paradise. Great times!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Essclubb
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Friendly staff, UDC dive center great-My wife got her open water then advanced card-staff was great- I dove all week -would use them again . Good food at the Mango, good prices

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stevern2319
Reviewed April 29, 2012

What a wonderful little Inn located in Utila. This was my fourth trip to the Bay islands and my first time at Mango Inn. I stayed in the deluxe cabin near the pool and restaurant. Very clean and upscale rooms with a nice porch to relax on. The other rooms looked great too! Great food at the restaurant and nice clean pool area. The grounds are very well kept and watching the humming birds and fruit bats flying through the lush tropical forest was fantastic. Very quiet part of down town Utila and within walking distance from the dive shop and all of the great places Utila has to offer. We dove three times per day with Utila Dive Center while there and enjoyed the dive staff and the shop! Fantastic Pizza at Mango made in a huge wood fired brick oven. Plenty of other items on the menu that were truly delicious. Nice bar and the prices were very reasonable. There was a nice variety of people staying there as well. Singles, couples and families! I will be back!

Room Tip: I stayed in a deluxe cabin one flight up and it was great There are smaller single ground floor cab...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank squbaMaryland
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I had such a wonderful time at the Mango Inn I honestly would stay there again in a heartbeat! I travelled, for the first time, to Utila, Honduras in March 2012 and absolutely loved the Mango Inn!! The grounds itself are kept beautifully maintained with lovely palm trees, gorgeous flowers and exotic plants. All of the staff and mangers (Barbara is who I booked through) were so friendly and would go out of their way to help me with anything I needed and answer any questions I had about the island. The Mango Inn offers free computer and internet service for its guests (computer is in the lobby) and they also have free wi-fi around the pool and restaurant area. The food is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I booked the scuba dive resort package which included breakfast and dinner. I honestly thought that I would be eating rice, beans and pork from a buffet everyday but that was NOT the case!!! Everyday, my scuba buddy and I, were able to choose our meals from a huge menu that featured fresh fish dishes, amazing pastas, burgers, salads and their island famous stone oven pizza!!! Not only were the meals delicious but the portion sizes were HUGE!!!

The room we stayed in was very clean, spacious and comfortable. There were two double beds and an en suite bathroom with stand up shower. There was plenty of room to store our clothes, dive gear and their was also A/C and a small TV in the room.

The pool was great to have for afternoon dips in between laying out in the sun! I dove with the Utila Dive Centre and they were fantastic!! Chris and Brett were our instructors and I can't tell you how much fun and knowledgeable they were. I would go back to Utila just to dive with them again. Unfortunately no whale sharks had been spotted since mid January so that was disappointing but no one can predict mother nature. There is also a free shuttle bus that will take you from the Mango Inn to the Utila Dive Centre for your morning and afternoon dives.

Other than diving and relaxing by the pool, we also visited the Iguana Station which was really nice. It is only a ten minute walk from the Mango Inn and you can go and view the endangered Bay Islands Iguanas (from babies to adults) as well as a Boa Constrictor, birds, spiders and small snakes which are located inside the rescue centre. The admission is a $3.00 donation and goes straight back into conservation - it is a must visit while in Utila!

Shelley and I also brought donations with us for Sherry Lynn who runs an animal rescue group called Helping Hands for Hounds of Honduras. Sherry, and her vet friends Loretta and Roger, are American expats who have dedicated their lives to helping the stray and local animals of Utila and the Honduras capital Tegucigalpa. If you have any interest in donating supplies or money to these animal angels who do so much with so little please do not hesitate to email Sherry at: pilar_birds@yahoo.com

In conclusion, if you are planning to visit Utila do not hesitate to stay at the Mango Inn - you will have a wonderful, relaxing time with no regrets!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank AB5Safaris
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The Mango Inn was a great place to call home while staying on Utila island. We stayed in the standard cabin and were very pleased - especially for the purified water and A/C. The room was very clean and spacious. We loved the jungle garden just outside our front door filled with exotic plants and flowers. We often ate at the hotel's restaurant which had awesome pizza and very good service. All of the staff were very helpful and hospitable, always helping us whether we needed to book an excursion or simply get more towels. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: cabins are separate from the main inn
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple