“Incredible”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Utila
Deep Blue Resort Utila
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Utila
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Had a fantastic time at the resort, staying in beautifully kept rooms in lovely location on the island. The vibe is laid back and friendly, food was amazing just what you needed after diving all day!
The diving was excellent, along with the weather! I was a new diver and was made to feel very safe by the instructors who were very friendly and more then happy to help you. They were also very knowledgeable and took us on some fantastic dives. Were also able to see dolphins and whale sharks which was once in a life time opportunity!
Would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank cjbolton
There are newer reviews for Deep Blue Resort Utila

Reviewed September 20, 2010

My friend and I had an amazing week at Deep Blue. Steve, Shirley and Sue created an amazing atmosphere and we were always able to have a laugh with them in the evening. The food was also amazing and we really missed the three course meals when we left, especially the chocolate cake! As new divers we felt really looked after by the instructors and Swin the boat captain was fantastic enabling us to see both dolphins and whale sharks. I would really recommend this place if you are looking for somewhere to relax but also get the most out of a weeks diving.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isabelroscoe
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Steve and the wonderfull crew at Deep Blue Resort Utila are among the lovelest people we have met to date.

The resort is beautifully hidden away, blending in with its surroundings. It eminates peace and serenity.
From our balcony we had the most magnificent view of the crystal clear waters all the way across to the cloud forrests of main land Honduras.

The diving is nothing short of AMAZING whether it be from the boat or the shore. The dive staff are second to none. Both infomative and genuinely exceptional.
Swimming with the gaint puppy dogs of the sea (whalesharks), and the many pods of dolphins is a treat in its own right.

The service in all aspects from the grounds keepers to the managment is faultless.
The rooms are spacious, well maintained and luxurious. The hamick is the perfect place to read a book, have a beer, or just take it easy after a big days diving.
The food is delectably superb...you'll never walk away hungry thats for sure. Susan, I looove your cooking.

Deep Blue Resort Utila is also a prestigious and active member of the Whaleshark conservation community, so whether it is season or not, you should ask Steve to give one of his Whaleshark Conservation talks...you will be captivated from start to finish.

Also the gorgeous Shirley's smile alone is enough to brighten anyones day.

We will definately return as soon as we possibly can. I could live there soaking up the caribbean vibe forever if given half the chance.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angelex
Reviewed September 9, 2010

My stay at Deep Blue Resort was the best week ever I have taken on vacation. Everyone at Deep Blue was courteous towards me and there was such a different selection of food that there was never a dull moment. The best was the diving and the knowledge of the Dive Instructers! I learnt how to dive within 3 days and I can't wait to go back and get a week's worth of diving next time. I will definitely be going back next year!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank smartalec75
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We travel to dive and what can I say - 29 dives in 10 days including sehorses, whale sharks, dolphins, octopus and much, much more. Chris, the divemaster, was a magician at finding new underwater life to show us on every dive. Swin, the boat captain, eagle eyed the horizon for the whale sharks and dolphins as well as keeping track of us on drift and night dives.
On a practical note, the accommodations are clean and spacious, Susan and the kitchen staff served fabulous food and lots of it and the boat staff looked after all the equipment (which at my age was much appreciated).
We would go back in a heart beat. The diving in Utila makes some other Caribbean sites look like a desert.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank countryval
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stayed at Deep Blue for a week in March in the hopes of seeing whale sharks that feed near Utila around that time of year. Although the sharks did not make an appearance while we were there (they were late at many sites where they usually feed) Steve, Susan and Shirley went out of their way to ensure that we had a superb time. Steve is very committed to marine conservation and to whale shark research and protection in particular. He spent hours scouring the sea for the animals and regaled us with many wonderful stories meanwhile. Susan took great care to ensure that everyone was confortable and ate well -we particularly appreciated the diversity of dishes during our time at Deep Blue. Shirley is everyone's Mum and makes sure that you get on the right flight, that your luggage arrives no matter what and that you enjoy your stay in Utila. In all, I definitely recommend Deep Blue to scuba divers and anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing place to get away from it all.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I arrange trips for a dive club in the Nevada area, this was the first time that any of us had been to Utila, we now wish we had come before, great time and great dive resort.

This really is the place to come to dive, right from the start when I fist started contacting the resort they were helpful, when we arrived we were stunned by the location, right on the beach all the rooms are overlooking the ocean about 20ft from the sea.

The rooms were great, the food was very very good and the diving was exceptional and we had whale sharks as well, they do 3 boat dives a day but also give unlimited shore diving which we took advantage of, most days doing 4 or more dives a day.

The rooms were spotless and the room staff looked after them well, the food was different every night with a great selection, the dive staff are some of the best I have ever encountered, overall one of the best and friendliest places that we have ever stayed and I would highly recommend it

Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank PDPDDIVER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utila
Utila Lodge
Coral View Beach Resort
Coral Beach Village
Coral Beach Village
#1 of 14 in Utila

Been to Deep Blue Resort Utila? Share your experiences!