“Middle Eastern Treat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Punta Uva, Costa Rica
“Middle Eastern Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

What a happy surprise to find a falafel in Utila! The ladies running this little gem with low tables and big pillows to sit on do a good job on the hummus. At Limpiras 110, the falafel is a filling lunch and ceiling fans will keep you cooler in Utila’s drenching heat.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Raleigh, NC
“Pretty good falafel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was not expecting to find a lot of vegetarian food on Utila, so when I read about Ultra Light cafe I thought I should check it out. I spotted it one day while strolling down the main drag and decided to pop in. The place was empty except for the guy who was running it, and he assured me they were open. So I chose a table and sat myself down on the cushions on the floor. I ordered the falafel off the menu. I was not expecting a sandwich, but that is what came. The pita seemed to be warm and fresh, and it was very good. There was a little too much hummus in it for my taste, so next time I would ask for that on the side, but the falafel balls were freshly made, not reheated, and the vegetables were good and fresh and it was a great meal overall. I also got a glass of lemonade, which was freshly squeezed and not too sweet. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a healthy meal on Utila.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Ultra filling & ultra tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

It's worth noting that this is an Israeli restaurant (it's not very clear from the name!) which is a bit further down from the main stretch of places to eat. It is shut on Friday nights and Saturdays but I'm glad to say we persevered and came back a third time when it was open!

We shared the hummus and pitta bread starter followed by a chicken curry each. The food was very tasty and filling. I'm not sure what the 'Ultra Light Café' name is all about, as you will not be disappointed with portion size and value for money!

Unfortunately they were out of chocolate cake so we never got to try it! Nonetheless, we left full and very content! The setting is lovely - you sit on the floor with comfy cushions around and nice fairy lights to give the place that cosy atmosphere.

Break away from the main string of restaurants and try this place, you won't regret it!

Visited January 2014
Utila, Honduras
“very nice change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

pretty standard middle eastern fare but a welcome (surprising) change from the normal utila offerings. i like the falafel pita sandwiches for lunch, my other half swears by the chicken schwarma.

• Visited April 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“Authentic Taste!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Owned by very friendly people and their chicken curry is marvelous. I would say it is not very central americanised! Never got to taste their pita selections but if you're craving indian and middle easten food check it out!

Visited January 2013