“Yummy food, great specials!”
Review of Bundu Cafe

Bundu Cafe
Ranked #20 of 43 Restaurants in Utila
Cuisines: American
Atlanta, GA
“Yummy food, great specials!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Bundu is one of the nicer restaurants of Utila, and they offer full table service with actual printed menus (somewhat of an oddity). The portions are quite generous and very tasty and there is usually a very reasonably priced daily special with a fresh catch of the day or chicken. Bundu also usually has a varied dessert menu, although availability varies from day to day dependent on what supplies they can get to prepare them, which is pretty standard island-wide. While we were on the island there was a huge soccer match between Honduras and Mexico and this seemed to be one of the best places to watch, as the have a good size flat screen TV in the outdoor section of the restaurant and they had some great drink specials depending on the outcome of the game. I highly recommend a visit here for lunch or dinner, we try to eat here at least once every time we're on the island and it hasn't disappointed yet!

• Visited March 2013

Hilo, Hawaii
“Fantastic Owners, Fantastic Food!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

When I went to Utila, Bundu Cafe was a stable for me. The owners Nelly and Patrick were extremely nice to me and offered me an apartment to stay for the summer! Their food was great at a very reasonable price. Their specials were always delicious! In particular, they had a seafood pasta that was, I kid you not, the best I have ever had in my life! I wanted to order more!! :) I highly recommend paying them a visit. Great drinks, awesome food and excellent service. I will definitely come eat here again when I come back to Utila!! :)

Visited June 2012
Roatan, Honduras
“Casual, Friendly, Available.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Bundu was our go-to place. Unlike some dining establishments on Utila, Bundu was open every time we visited. The food was very good, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Prices surprisingly low. We almost always ran into people we had met who actually live on Utila and that is probably the best recommendation. You will want to enjoy other restaurants, of course, but you can't go wrong here.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pickledgringo
Norwich
“A popular cafe on the main road”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Bundu Cafe has two areas - one inside and one outside. We always choose the outside area (it has a roof) which is a great place to watch Main Street's hive of activity. We often go there for coffee or breakfast but it is also popular for lunch and dinner, even just to have a drink.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Great breakfasts and drinks!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very fast service, great breakfasts, and great drinks - try the monkey lala! They also take credit cards, which was helpful.

Visited December 2012