“My favorite part about Utila”
Review of Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga - CLOSED

Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: The place in Utila for ZUMBA Fitness, PILOXING, and Yoga! Utila Beach Buns is an invigorating approach to Yoga and Fitness to help you feel your best! Our beautiful studio is warm and private, yet located right on Utila's Main Street. We provide yoga mats, blocks, yoga straps, PILOXING gloves, and a free tea after every class. Classes to suit all levels from Intro to Advanced at very affordable prices. See you there!
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga made my trip to Utila go from just another diving adventure to the best revealation I've had in years. Melissa and her yoga studio are not just any ordinary workout experience. You walk into the studio feeling average and walk out feeling like a ten. The studio is the cleaniest business I found while visiting and the atmosphere is like none other on the island. The candles, the scented cold cloths at the end of the work out and even the neck and back massage that Melissa gives to all of her clients during the last part of the class while you're focusing on breathing and relaxing. Each time I walked into my workout, I knew Melissa was going to push me to have the best workout I could. She's so energetic and actually cares about you challenging yourself. Each time I walked out of my workout, I felt like Melissa genuinely cared if I enjoyed myself and hoped to see me again. She took interest in everyone, knows everyone's names, hobbies, careers, etc and is always happy to see you. And she does care because she purposesly has oganized her class schedules around the diving schedules on the island which make it easier to find a class to accomodate your schedule while you're there traveling. And the variety of classes she has is better than I found in any country I've visited. Whether you're looking for a morning stiffy class to loosen up and stretch or piloxing class to get in bikini-ready shape, you'll find all of it at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga. And you won't find a better instructor ANYWHERE in the world. Melissa is by far second to none. I can't wait to go back and visit again :)

5  Thank Katie S
UtilaBeachBuns, Owner at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Wow! I'm actually blushing just from reading that! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such thoughtful and kind words. It means so much when you can do something you are passionate about and help others to feel the same. I'm so happy my classes had such a positive impact on your trip!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

It was an amazingly good experience. I did a Yoga class a Melissa was very good as a teacher and she was constantly checking that we were in the right position and she was adapting the class for the different levels that we had. I also experienced a energetic Piloxing class which I highly recommend to increase flexibility, to tone muscles and to burn fat!. Moreover, I had a Yoga massage and that was out of this world, Melissa prepared the massage specially and specifically for the sores I had after diving and after it I was feeling very relax and ready to go for more. Towels, drinking water and Mats are available!

6  Thank Yurumen

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Keeping classes small really allows me to give each person the attention they deserve. My massages are prepared with lots of thought to individual needs and I'm always happy to hear that people can feel the difference!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Such a great place to go get an exercise fix, meet lovely people and perspire!
I highly recommend! Melissa is a wonderful instructor and pushes you to you limit and is incredibly motivating. Mats, drinking water, weights and towels are all available, plus all sorts of classes to meet all fitness levels.
Thank you so much Melissa!

6  Thank Jens2589

Thank you! I really do believe in challenging people to push their limits...it's amazing what we can do if we put forth the effort. I loved having your energy in my classes!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love the restorative yoga classes. They are great to stretch out and relax my sore muscles, also to provide some toning and exercise after long days of diving. Melissa is a super friendly instructor that takes interest in each individual so you get the most out of the classes.

I just had a yoga massage with Melissa and feel SOOO GOOD! I have an extensive range of sports injuries accumulated over many years that need constant attention. Melissa took the time to research the best poses and techniques for me - more so then any other massage I've had - and it really showed. She used different yoga poses and assisted me so that I got a nice deep stretch and released lots of tension, and then gave me a full body massage.The price was very good too. I highly recommend checking it out.

6  Thank Pip B

Thank you so much! I really do put a lot of thought into each person and their individual needs. My massages are all put together on an individual basis and according to what each person wants to focus on. I'm so glad to hear that you saw this effort!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place is wonderful. Melissa has an impressive range of experience and training. I am mainly in it for the ashtanga yoga, of which she is obviously extremely well-versed, but her background in all kinds of exercise pay off in that department, too. I've gotten lots of tips and encouragement stemming from her running/aerobics/training that have moved me forward in my yoga practice. Not only that, she's just plain great to be around. Her classes are extremely affordable and you get so much personal attention. Give it a try. You won't regret it!

6  Thank gibsonville
UtilaBeachBuns, Owner at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for such a nice review! I've put a great deal of effort into each class and every person and I really appreciate that you have seen such progress as a result. Although challenging, the strength and flexibility that you gain makes it well worth the effort!