“Awesome yoga teacher”
Review of Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga - CLOSED

Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: The place in Utila for ZUMBA Fitness, PILOXING, and Yoga! Utila Beach Buns is an invigorating approach to Yoga and Fitness to help you feel your best! Our beautiful studio is warm and private, yet located right on Utila's Main Street. We provide yoga mats, blocks, yoga straps, PILOXING gloves, and a free tea after every class. Classes to suit all levels from Intro to Advanced at very affordable prices. See you there!
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome yoga teacher”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I recently spent a week diving in Utila and was so happy to find Melissa's Beach Buns yoga classes. Her classes had so much variety, and she is so lovely - full of enthusiasm and positivity. The work outs were intense on flexibility and strengthening and the meditation so uplifting, hard to describe how good you feel afterwards, but I'm on the road again now and miss the classes so much! Thanks heaps Melissa, lovely to have met you!

Visited December 2012
7 Thank FelizChic
UtilaBeachBuns, Owner at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you so much! I feel like you described exactly what I aim to accomplish in my classes and I appreciate you taking the time to let others know about what we're offering in Utila. It's amazing what a difference these classes can make. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your trip!

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Superb training, which goes perfectly hand in hand with diving”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have been to a some of the different classes Melissa offers and I must say it just gets better and better. Guaranteed development from time to time. The classes are small and everyone receives attention and guidance. The class room is nice and bright and equipment new and sweat. Melissa is super professional, nice and fun and she treats you with essential oils and a little massage at the end of the yoga classes. I can only recommend going here, even if you are only on Utila for a short stay. I'm going to miss her classes while she is back home in Chicago to teach :)

6 Thank Ncph
UtilaBeachBuns, Owner at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
No worries, I'll be back in a week!!! Once in awhile, I still go back to Chicago for 7-10 days to conduct yoga trainings for Crossfit athletes, but I'll be back at Beach Buns in no time! I'm so happy that you are seeing progress in your flexibility...it only gets better! Also, I'm glad you noticed that our equipment is new and always cleaned with all-natural cleaners; I believe our customers deserve a fresh studio and equipment. Thanks and see you soon!
Utila, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Guaranteed to make you feel good!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place is a life savior! The classes will definitely make you sweat away all the stress, tension and stuffiness and afterwards, you feel like a newborn. What ever you'r doing on Utila, this is a place to go (between/after/before the parties/drinking/diving) to load you batteries and get back to basics with yourself. Melissa (the teacher) is awesome, extremely professional and helpful. She will get things out from you that you never even imagined to be able to accomplish. It's a whole body adventure and a great workout!

6 Thank NinafromUtila
UtilaBeachBuns, Owner at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Wow, thank you! I love when people surprise themselves with what they are capable of with the right instruction and personal attention. This is what I aim to accomplish in every class...I hope you will continue to challenge yourself at Beach Buns!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very pleasant Yoga class, and the instructor was sooo sweet and skilled :-)))) Great treat for your body to go there during your drunken Utila-vacation!!

6 Thank Signesten
UtilaBeachBuns, Owner at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed the classes at Beach Buns! Even if you're not looking for recovery from Utila's parties, we've got plenty of challenging class options to get you sweating!
Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The Cure!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

After a few evenings of one too many run and cokes, Mellissa's yoga classes were the perfect solution to my hangovers! Mellissa is extreemly welcoming and encouraging and is accomadation to all levels.
I will be going back during my stay here in Utila and would highly reccommend it to anyone.

7 Thank idebrowne
Awesome! It's Utila...we've all been there, haha. Hangover Yoga was built on my personal experiences and I've been amazed at what it can do to get you feeling fresh again. I'm so happy that it has worked for you too. Thanks and see you soon!