My husband and I stayed one week in the Pirate Bay for the diving course and we had a great time! Great place on the beach, nice people, really good course! Although there are some points that could be improved to make the stay more comfortable. Below some points:
- Great atmosphere
- Amazing, professional and helpful staff
- Good location on the beach
- Clean place
- Incredibly hot dorms. We slept in a dorm for 6 people. We had almost one fan per person because the staff tried to help us. But it didn't work at all. I had really bad sleeps every night. I woke up many times during the night sweating and really uncomfortable, as so the others in my room. Utila is pretty hot and 6 people in a small room is not possible at all. Even the dorms should have air con.
- The kitchen for the guests is the same used for the bar. So during lunch time and dinner we are not allowed to get in some times. The staff was really nice and always found a way to help us. But they also have to work and we understand that. The space is too small in the bar and only fits 2 people inside. We were in 6, so it was not really good to cook big meals. They should have a separate kitchen for guests use.
Even though we had good moments in Pirate Bay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pirate’s Bay Inn Dive Resort by Captain Morgan’s Dive Shop offer the opportunity to stay in Utila since January 2012.Frequent diving travellers like you are tough to impress, but wait until you see what we have to offer!We deliver a high quality service in diving by Captain Morgan’s Dive Centre with more than 17 years of experience, get in to the wonderful North Side diving more than any other dive centre on the island. Why? Quite simply, the north has the best dive sites and it is the only place you will see the famous Whale Shark.Offering accommodation on:Pirates Bay Inn Dive Resort (Utila)Situated for a chilled atmosphere in a short walk away from town centre. In the Main Street of Utila, closer to the nightlife, Pirate’s Bay Inn give you the option to explore Utila while you diving.Rooms available: Soundproofed 5 beds dorm style room. Mixture of bunkbeds and single beds, with private bathroom, two fans, hot water and lockers in every room.Services: High Speed Internet and Bar in front our private Beach.*Opening private rooms and apartments from July 2012.Only current available dorm rooms for max. 6 people. ... more less