Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Top knotch dive school - as a professional diver I was impressed with the school

First impression is Top Knoth Dive School. The Office Manager met me at the ferry dock even before... read more

Reviewed May 4, 2024
JimW2750
Great place for training and fun diving alike

I completed PADI Tec 40/45/50 at BICD with Tec instructor and Course Director Nick in April 2024... read more

Reviewed April 29, 2024
Jon B

All reviews utila lodge hyperbaric chamber fun dives open water course top notch my boyfriend free accommodation these guys great staff marine life bicd asa kelsey school boats equipment courses
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2020

Where to start, BICD is now like a family to us. My husband and I completed our rescue/EFR with Paige and our divemaster with Abbi, Asa, Shaun, Mitch, Paige, Yas, and so many others. After spending two months with them it is clear this is the place you want to come back too. Everyone here cares about your success and you improving daily. No one is left out, everyone is welcoming, and the friends you’ll make will be lifelong. The boats are wonderful and the captains are even better. If you are lucky enough to have Gringo on board then strike up a conversation, he’s just simply amazing. Joining in on hunting lionfish with WSORC was a real treat and watching their passion for the ocean was invigorating. Everyone and everything is highly professional, fun, safe, and most of all friendly. We can’t wait to come back and I’m looking forward to doing my IDC with Nick at some point. What I’m getting to in this review is, you don’t need to think about who you want to dive with, BICD is simply the best and I highly recommend them.

We miss you all!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed April 29, 2020

I completed my Dive Master with BICD back in February 2018. The whole course was extremely professional and couldn't imagine the same standard in any other school on Utila. The dive school makes you feel like part of one big family and I have met friends for life. Couldn't recommend them enough!

More recently in September 2019, I went back to BICD (because I love it so much) to complete their Underwater Photography Internship with Shaun Doyle, the staff photographer. Again like all their other courses with BICD the internship was very professional with the course broken down into each aspect of photography I would learn over the next 4 weeks. Shaun was extremely helpful both before dives during camera set up, during dives providing helpful tips underwater and with any issues I was having and post diving when editing pictures. He was always around to help! I am extremley happy with how my photography has progressed and am now very confident with a camera underwater.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed April 29, 2020

I did my divemaster with BICD for 5 weeks. I had the best time on Utila thanks to BICD. I learned so much during this time. The training and work couldn´t have been better. The team was so professional in teaching and guiding and at the same time it was so much fun to go diving with them. I can´t recommend the college enough!!! If you do your Divemaster or want to start diving go to Bay islands college of Diving you won´t regret it!!! I hope I can come back some time to go diving with them again.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed March 28, 2020

Great Folks, Great Diving and some of the Best Eats on the Island (recommend the Lionfish)

Thanks Again BICD I will be back!

Eric S.

Date of experience: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 22, 2020

Amazing staff per usual 🙌. Highly recommend for any and all courses and fun dives!
Paige poulson, and the whole crew are very knowledgeable and patient!!! Can't wait to get back!

Date of experience: March 2020