“Bay Islands College of Diving - Best Instruction - Family Atmosphere”

Bay Islands College of Diving
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: A professional and fun team dedicated to teach all levels of diving, from beginner to professional, so all your scuba dreams can become true! Come and join the BICD family for memories and experience of a life time.
Ramrod Key, Florida
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Bay Islands College of Diving - Best Instruction - Family Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We hit this one right. There are a lot of dive operations in Utila and the ratings are not always accurate because of the rampant reviews that increase when a dive operation is in trouble. I am a 47 year old and I really appreciated the mature and family nature of the Bay Islands College of Diving (BICD). I will be friends for life with several people from BICD and one is Rebecca Engel who was born and raised on Utila and treated us as a part of her family from the time we arrived. I took my Advanced Open Water course from Kirsten Waller who is from South Africa. She was top notch and her husband, Tracy, runs the Whale Shark Oceanic Research Center. BICD is also the location of the hyberbaric chamber on the island. If you want a boatload of 20 yr olds with hangovers every morning, go with one of the many dive operations specializing in that crowd. If you want to enjoy diving and learn from the best, go with BICD. I can not wait to return to Utila and dive with my friends from BICD.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank TheFishin6

Melbourne, Australia
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“Best dive centre on Utila”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was on Utila for 3 weeks, so did quite a bit of research on the different dive centres before choosing one. Bay Islands College of Diving (BICD) was who I went with and they were fantastic. Apart from a few fun dives I also did my Advanced Open Water course/certification with them. Not only are they the cheapest on the island (that I found), at $25 a tank (for fun dives), but all the staff I dealt with were friendly, professional and very helpful, and very safety conscious. Plus BICD goes out with less divers than the other operators and they have less students in the classes, so you get much more personal attention and instruction than the larger 'factory' schools. Excellent boats to get you out to the dive sites. When I'm back on Utila I will go straight back to BICD for my diving.

Visited March 2012