“good times”

Underwater Vision Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: At our locally owned and managed 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Resort (awarded by PADI to only those centers offering the highest level of diver education) we are at the hub of scuba diving for all visitors to the tropical paradise that is Utila, Bay Island, Honduras. Since being established we pride ourselves on offering first rate PADI dive tuition, the latest diver education and the very best personal service from our professional staff. Our scuba dive instructors are trained in the latest recreational and technical diving courses. We are proud partners of Project AWARE and strive for the betterment of Utila. Our passionate and experienced staff are PADI Instructors and Emergency First Response trained.
Yonk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“good times”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

i already mentioned a little under trudys hotel, but heres some more:
The price to get certified here was about half what it is in the states, plus the sites are almost unmatched.
The class wasn't too big, Sveta the instructor kept things fun and lively and we got to practice our skills in the Caribbean Sea instead of a pool.
The dives were well controlled and the sites were amazing. Everything from rare hawkbilled turtles, barracudas, different rays, parrotfish, snappers, groupers and much more.
The visibility was great, I had a blast.
I would love to go back in a heartbeat.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank dr3740

• Hebrew first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“I'm going back”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at UWV for a week late July and it was an excellent experience. The facilities are great, the staff is lovely and the diving was super good. I only did fun dives, but I am going back in a month to do my dive master and possible my instructors as well - and I can't wait. Cannot recommend this place enough!

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Ncph
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Underwater passion!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I had heard from friends that UV was a good place to dive and stay, and it was really a no brainer once I arrived and saw the facilities. The place is just gorgeous! It really has all the elements: great variety of accommodation, nice dock, sandy courtyard, bar and restaurant. Not to mention the best staff on the island! But more than that its got a lot of heart and soul, thanks to the amazing miss Tamara Cooper and her family. She has this way of making you feel welcome, and after a long time on the tourist trail it really makes a difference. I think this is the reason why so many come for a week and stay for a month. Its a place that welcomes you and makes you feel at home. I still consider it my home, and always will. Thank you Tammy. Miss you and the island.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank n2ocowboy
Dover, England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best time ever!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I came to UnderWater vison after volunteering at the iguana station August 2011 and it was amazing!! Everyone is so friendly! I met so many amazing people there and all the staff were so lovely and friendly! Its such a chilled atmosphere with a private beach and hammocks, along with the lovely dock to sunbathe on! The diving is amazing too and if i was to go back to Utila this is where I will be staying! I didn't want to leave ! :) Miss you all! x

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Danielle F
Cooper Landing, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Underwater Vision Rocks!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I completed my divemaster training at Underwater Vision in February 2012. I had my open water cert. when I arrived, but my experience was only six dives. The staff took the time and gave me the individualized attention I needed to go from complete novice to divemaster and they did it all while keeping it fun. These guys are the best. Not only did I learn to dive, I was lucky enough to experience encounters with whale sharks, dolphins, a seahorse, etc...Beautiful diving and awesome people.

Visited February 2012