“Wonderful staff and dives at Coral View”

Coral View Dive Center Utila
Ranked #9 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Where Divers Come To Dive. Our family run dive center offers courses from DSD through Instructor. Well known for our professionalism in both teaching and fun diving we provide our divers with an opportunity to experience the tropical paradise of Utila. With experienced and knowledgeable staff our aim is provide quality service in a relaxed and friendly environment. GET PADI CERTIFIED, GO-PRO!
McCall, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful staff and dives at Coral View”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went to Coral View for our open water dive certification this spring. First of all, Sarah, the manager, was extremely helpful during our planning and always quick to respond to questions I emailed. Grace was our instructor and she did a fabulous job. I was sure that I would be a scared diver and wasn't even sure if I'd like diving. But, between the fantastic visibility and dive conditions, and the quality of the instruction, I never once got scared. I loved that we had a small group (four total), which made the experience much more personal and less stressful. The dives were also wonderful - especially with the small group size. Every once in awhile, we'd come across some of the other BIG dive groups from other companies while we were underwater, and I know I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun with so many people. I also did a fun dive with Sarah (the other Sarah), and she was super laid back and helpful. I wish Utila wasn't so far away from our home town, because I'd like to go back sooner than will be possible. If we do get a chance to go back - we'll certainly dive with Coral View.

Visited April 2014

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Honduras 2013”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Spent 8 weeks diving with Coral View last summer and had a fantastic time. Staff are incredibly helpful and friendly and all equipment was brilliant. Definitely will be returning to Utila to dive with Coral View this year. The Dive shop is situated out of the town center which is perfect as the atmosphere and surroundings are idyllic!

Visited June 2013
Gastonia, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Thank You Coral View!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We just got back from our first trip to Utila. With 16 or so shops on this tiny island it was mind blowing to try and pick one. We went with Coral View b/c they were just down the road from our house but we will definitely dive with them again WHEN we go back to Utila!! If we hadn't had such a horrible experience with our LDS here we'd be certified by now and my outlook on scuba would be better. BUT I have to give a shout out to Chris at Coral View for turning this around for me. He's the MAN!

We were going to do the OW referral but decided not to take the days out of our vacation and just opt for another Discover Scuba. I had almost chickened out until I walked in the shop that morning and saw Chris. Something about him just made me feel ok so I went through with it and I am so glad I did! Chris really took the time with me and helped me pick an integrated BC b/c of my buoyancy issues. My mask clearing skills weren't great and I got freaked out a bit but Chris got right in front of me and helped me calm down. By the second dive I was extremely comfortable and using my breath to maneuver up and down. No one had ever done that for me before. Chris was impressed as well! It was the most enjoyable dive I have ever done and I didn't want it to end. And we both were very light on the air consumption so that's very encouraging for me as well.

I am determined now to get certified and would love to return to Coral View to complete the course :)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic two weeks”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I spent two weeks at coral view learning about fish and coral ID and getting PADI certified. I thought it was a wonderful place. The accommodations were comfortable and well worth the money. The dive masters were friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable, and experienced. I found Utila to be a fantastic place to party and dive, especially of you're a twenty something backpacker. Coral view itself was a bit out of town but secluded, quiet, and relaxing. The food was good for the price and the staff at the hotel were so nice. I would definitely go back.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dcaliiforniia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very accommodating!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Due to some extenuating circumstances which caused us to cancel our original diving plans, we were looking for a place to do a last minute DSD (discover scuba diving). This place went out of their way to accommodate us at an EXTREMELY reasonable price. They were extremely welcoming and helpful. Good equipment and facilities with a pool. Located away from the chaotic main street of Utila. Good diving right off their dock. Although my experience here was limited to only one DSD I will most likely come back here to do my open water cert.

Visited March 2014