“Love Deep Blue”
Review of Deep Blue Divers

Deep Blue Divers
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Admittedly I have not tried any other dive shops on the island, but that is because I found what I was looking for on my first try. The rates at Deep Blue are very competitive from what I can see. And I always feel that I get more than my money's worth. Without exception, everyone at Deep Blue has gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and safe. The instruction is very personal and the DMs are all very good, relentlessly patient, and they seem to genuinely love their work. I would agree with the other reviewers that "the vibe" is rather low key. I like the calm, quiet, efficiency that I see when we load up to go out, gear up to get in the water, and return to clean up the gear. No yah yah, rah rah. No hung over dive masters. No macho stuff. Just relaxing beautiful diving with any help you need to make your experience the best it can be. I would recommend this shop in particular to older divers (like myself), newer divers (like myself), and solo female divers (like myself). If you are looking for a party boat atmosphere, this may not be the shop for you. But if you want to dive with some high end dive masters for a low end price, consider Deep Blue.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great time in every way friendly professional and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

They did a great job teaching my partner who was doing his OW. The instructors were great, fully available and professional (we'll remember you on every dive in the futur!).

Unfortunately, as a certified diver I was a little disappointed. I wasted time waiting to go diving, they took me twice to the same location (there are hundreds of spots to dive!) and although I made it very clear upon arrival that I wanted to see whale shark they didn't take me diving to areas where I had chances of seing it.

I would recommend their shop to anybody who HAS TIME and is getting certified. It is a great school and it is cheaper than other shops (price is reflected in the equipment and boat).

RECREATIONAL DIVERS and travelers on a schedule would do better looking for another dive shop. There are many good options on the island.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Most of the dive shops in Utila offer the same deal when you get your Open-Water Dive certification, however they offer different experiences and vibes. For just over $250 at Deep Blue, you get 5 confined-water dives, 4 open-water dives, and 2 extra fun dives, with FIVE nights free accommodation. We were given a private room which was really nice!

The shop itself is on the main strip, has a small bar for food and drinks, and a great common area to do your studying in. Communal kitchen and free wi-fi are also a huge plus! Mostly though, it is extremely laid-back and NOT a crazy party everynight. Seeming as we were putting our lives in the hands of these instructors, we were happy to know they were not getting drunk everynight and coming to instruct us hungover the next morning.

The staff are all extremely friendly and professional. I was especially nervous about breathing underwater, but throughout the course, gained more and more confidence. They teach you everything you need to know, and teach you how to handle every situation that could go wrong underwater. The shop is never overly-packed so you will be in a small group, or even receive your own private instructor (like we were..lucky!)

It is a GREAT value for a great education! They reef is beautiful, and if you're lucky you might spot some dolphins, whale sharks, or sea turtles!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

One of the cheep dive shops on the Utila island, but they also have some kind of resort further away from the city. I almost took some courses there, but fortunately went to other shop. The vibe was simply not there.