“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Driftwood Cafe
Ranked #13 of 43 Restaurants in Utila
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Driftwood Cafe Bar and Grill sits over the Caribbean Sea. The East Wind is usually always blowing. There is an outside Dock and Open Veranda to enjoy. We seat up to 75 people. A Great place to watch a sunset, swim, snokel or dive.The Food is Awesome and we have a great staff..Come enjoy the day with us, or dinner or hang out at the Bar.
Roatan, Honduras
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited Utila for the weekend ( we were a group of 20 visiting from Roatán) . Enjoyed two meal at the driftwood cafe during our stationery. The garlic shrimp and fish burger were fantastic. Very fresh and portion size were very big. Lots of choices for well drinks and upper shelf as well.

We celebrated 3 birthdays while we were in Utila. They allowed us to bring in a cake and everything.
Will definitely be back on out next trip to Utila!

honduras
“meanest burgers in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

in life one comes across many burgers. Some of them are sloppy, most of them are alright, and very few are wicked good. The burgers at Driftwood Café fall on the latter category. They're pricey -for Utila's standards, but they are GOOD.

Also try: fish steak burgers, fish filets, chicken fingers, nachos, etc. Everything is good.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank donperez
“Slow food, Drunk Management, Overpriced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Where to begin...? It all started when we walked in and some hillbilly music was blaring on the stereo, and the owner drunk at the end of the bar(big bandana wearing hippie) howling like a coyote. We sat down and waited for the menu, when 20 minutes later he stumbles over and drunkenly explains to us the menu is on the wall. We took a look, waited 10 more minutes while we saw him make himself and his friends a round of shots, and then walked up to the bar asking for drinks. He told me to wait while they finished their round of shots and would bring us the drinks. We waited 30 minutes for drinks! After an hour and a half my 10 dollar, flavourless hamburger showed up over cooked, as well as my friend's 10 dollar fish sticks (ripoff). If you like awful 90's country music, sub par food, and alcoholic staff then this is your place!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
driftwoodcafe, Owner at Driftwood Cafe, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello, Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you did not like the country music..It was on Jimmy Buffet Jango radio station and I assume that country was playing it must have been on a Sunday ..which our resturant and bar is usually filled with locals and they love country music. Ou Menur Board is a Hugh Written Menu Board in the middle of the Resturant which states all of our prices in large bold letters and includes the 12 percent government tax. The 1/2 pound Black Angus Burger served with FF or Tossed Green Salad includes 12 percent tax totals $8 dollars and a full order of deep fried fish fingers with order of French Fries includes 12 percent tax totals is $7.50.. We are very sorry you did not enjoy your hamburger or fish fingers.. We are very famous for our hamburgers and the usual daytime cook was there and she has been with us for 5 years. We have a full staff so you should have had a waitress...This is a nighmare of a review and sounds like the driftwood was not your kind of place and for that we are truly sorry..We have a 2 minute rule for sitting and waiting on our clients and do not understand how this could have happened...As Far as the remarks about the owner ..this was during the day and around 4 because that is what is called tea time every day at the Driftwood..For Monkey Ball Shots ..which is our homemade Kahula with coffee..I know for a fact he was very tired as we had a very busy week and long hours..some times remarks like these make me question the review...We have 57 excellant reviews 12 very good and 10 good and this one that is terrible..We do appreciate all of our customer remarks postive or negative ..and do make changes as needed...We have discussed this review and thank you.Best Regards The owner
Extreme S. Il
“Plan to visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been to Utila but not to The Driftwood because I didn't have very much time in town. HOWEVER, my friends just came back from a 2 week trip there and could not say enough AWESOME things about the place and the owners! They said the food,(Loved the burgers) the atmosphere, the owners (really high praises to you guys!) and totally everything about this place is well worth visiting... I have never commented on some place that I have never been but felt like I should pass on this info. I'll have to admit I am looking forward to my next visit. Its places like this that make you wish you could stay longer...Thanks!

• Visited December 2012
North Conway
“On the Water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well actually most of the seating area is over the water. Have had lunch there many times over the years and am very pleased with all their food. The best beer batter and hamburgers I have ever tasted. I am not a fried food junkie but their batter they use on their fish and shrimp is light and tasty. Nor am I a sworn carnivore usually opting for other options but when I need a red meat fix their hamburgers satisfy me for months. This is a good place for families as long as there are responsible adults to look after their children as I mentioned part of the eating area is over the water.

• Visited January 2013