“One of my go-to spots”

Driftwood Cafe
Ranked #13 of 43 Restaurants in Utila
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Driftwood Cafe Bar and Grill sits over the Caribbean Sea. The East Wind is usually always blowing. There is an outside Dock and Open Veranda to enjoy. We seat up to 75 people. A Great place to watch a sunset, swim, snokel or dive.The Food is Awesome and we have a great staff..Come enjoy the day with us, or dinner or hang out at the Bar.
massachusetts
“One of my go-to spots”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is more than a restaurant; it's a home. There are a steady set of regulars who've been living in Utila for years and are literally a wealth of information about the island, the history, natural healing, running businesses, traveling, etc. I enjoyed coming here when I was ready to have quiet time or interesting conversation with either the patrons or the owners, Sharon and Bruce. I split my time among some other go-to spots, so I didn't try everything, but everything I tried was delicious and generous in portion. I had the pork chops (YUM) which had creamy mashed potatoes and veggies. It was so big I brought half home and had it for breakfast. The quesadillas are delicious and don't make you feel like you're eating something bad for you because they are piled with lettuce and not greasy. The burger was good as well. I have found that I don't go someplace purely for the food in Utila. I go to suit my mood. When you want to feel at home and talk as much or as little as you want with genuine people, go here.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank ClassyDemon

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Awesomeness”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Best food on island. When other restaurants waitresses tell you to go here instead for food there is a reason. Great food, great atmosphere, and their old dog Ballew was so sweet.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Troy G
Tampa, Florida
“Try the Seafood Soup... Delish!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Is currently one of my favorite places on the island! The service was great, the beer was cold and the seafood soup (specialty of the house) was delish!!! Also try the fish taco... its cheap, its satisfying and its huge!!! Great value for the money... and the view (right on the bay) doesn't get much better than that!!!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank DJDJ5
yacht traveling south
“Excellent fresh seafood, great ribs”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We visited the Driftwood Cafe three times during our week in Utila.
It was wonderful. The owners and staff are great. The food is excellent. It is the freshest seafood in the Bay Islands prepared to perfection. In the evenings they do barbecue ribs and pork chops. The servings are big, great mashed potatoes, and salad.
It overlooks the water. Very friendly.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank palenqueno
Wauchula, Florida
“Great food - Great drink - Great spot!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

You will make friends before you leave. Loved it - thanks and hope to see you again soon!

Visited May 2012