“Great location and food”
Review of El Picante - CLOSED

El Picante
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a great place overlooking the ocean. The food is very tasty and we enjoyed conversing with the owner. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Although the food was good the owner was hilarious. Made the meal more enjoyable

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Besides the great view, the coldest beer, great bar and wonderful Mexican Food! I get so hungry for their Chicken Fajitas! Jean and Teresa are fine hosts and can help you with any questions, while serving wonderful food! Nachos and soup are also amount the best. Great Food, Friendly Atmosphere, Excellent Views.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My wife liked this place more than I did, to be honest, in terms of food. I think the food is good but not outstanding for the price. I also have to say that I was disappointed with the portion I received -- it was really quite tiny. However, when I complained to the waiter (probably the owner - not sure) he rushed to fix what seemed to be a mistake in the kitchen. The staff there was EXTREMELY friendly and warm, enough so that I would return based on that alone. Also, the view is fantastic - one of the best in town.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I cannot go to Utila without stopping at El Picante. I have been here 5 or 6 times now and it never disappoints! The owner is extremely friendly and will even sit down to chat on slow nights. He makes homemade salsa however you prefer it (very spicy to mild) and the quesadillas with quacamole are the best! The location moved so it now overlooks the water and allows visitors to enjoy the cool evening air and beautiful view of the water while dining at this wonderful little place.