“Yoga like”
Review of Float Utila

Float Utila
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's biggest floating tank. This is a must do on Utila!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Sensory deprivation in the middle of an active vacation - wonderful. Since I was only on Utila for a week, I only visited once. There was a 3-visit package which dropped the cost from $50 to $30. I would suggest having a 2-visit package as well, since people could use the relaxation after a week of activities and parties.

All reviews
"hammocks"
in 4 reviews
"dock"

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spend on clothes, shoes, cars, cocktails... Now this really money spent on you, not your accessories... Complete relaxation, an hour away from the world.
One hour alone with yourself. Make it a black whole or make it a place to sort out decisions...
Once you get out I think some of your worries remain magically stuck in the tank and judging my the feel of serenity you get from the very first moment, they definitely don't stay there. Thank you Amanda Gibson, John for being part of the fantastic human beings we meet every now and then and the Yum-yum cafe is a must. x

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our first "float" experience. It is in a beautiful house, in the ground floor. The advantage here is that you are in a large room, not a tiny tanning bed size float. It was nice to know that we had control ourselves if we wanted to leave a small light on, and could get out on our own. You have the option of music, we chose silence. The epsom salts make it easy to float, everything was clean and relaxing. We felt as if an hour was plenty, but some people choose 90 minutes. I was relaxed at the end, and skin felt very soft. At first, insect bites will itch, but actually the itching is much relieved afterwards.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I LOVED this place!

I think a picture of Float Utila should appear next to the word "Peaceful" or "Serenity" in the dictionary.

After hearing many of my friends rave about how amazing this place is, I definitely had to experience it myself to begin to understand what they were talking about.

This year my boyfriend surprised me with a 60 min floating session for my birthday. He scheduled a morning session. I'm ashamed to admit that I am NOT a morning person. I was grumpy and highly miserable because of the intolerable itch from all the mosquitos that seemed to have gathered together to celebrate Thanksgiving on my legs.

When we got to the location, it was very pretty. Its in a charming wooden cabin right on the water. The gentleman who attended us was very kind.

When I stepped into the tank, I was affraid the salt solution would sting too much on the mosquito bites. Fortunately, it was just a light sting that only lasted for a couple of seconds.

I laid down in the tank and floated for an hour which to me felt like 15 minutes. The water temperature was perfect. Even though it was dark, it was not a creepy dark, and they played soft music in the background. It was just me, nature and inner peace. I had never felt so relaxed and stress free. At one point I felt as if the water and myself had become one entity.

After the session, I rejuvenated and calm. All the negative and grumpy feelings I had walked in seemed to have been washed away. I felt so happy. The best part was that the mosquito bites had finally stopped itching and I could get back to enjoying my vacation again.

Just thinking about it makes me wish I was there again right now. I wonder if Bill Gates has one of these floating tanks in his house, if not someone should probably tell
him about Float Utila. It was a truly unique experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I went floating 3 times, and I cannot wait to go again in a tank. The peaceful state of mind you will feel after a session is really hard to reach even with advanced meditation.
The first time was really special, all my limbs simply went off I couldn't feel anything beside my thoughts. I let my mind entirely guide me, I just let go of everything in that tank.
After some time, I was able to receive very strong flashbacks of my childhood and it felt really good. At the end of the first session, I felt something really warm in my chest and it made me smile, I think it was just bliss ... It was really hard to get out of the tank, my body was so off it took several minutes to turn the power back on :)
John and Amanda also contribute making this experience special, they are amazing people and you can really sense the goodness in them. I am thankful I had the chance to meet them and to discover floating.