“A positive experience”
Review of Float Utila

Float Utila
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's biggest floating tank. This is a must do on Utila!
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have been on the Island of Utila for 3+ months and kept seeing the signs for Float Utila, so finally I, along with my visiting daughter and son in law decided to give it a try. The hosts are kind and welcoming, the facility spotlessly clean, welcoming and relaxing. The float was a totally new, relaxing and at the same time invigorating experience. We all enjoyed it very much and highly reccommend it. Your skin feels amazing afterwards. Healing for the bug bites too!

1  Thank OnlySoccer

Reviewed January 20, 2013

After a month of diving on I tried out Float Utila. I had read lots of posters and reviews but was still pleasantly surprised. The float facilities are beautiful and very clean - on par with expensive north american spas. This was my first floating experience, it was relaxing and helped relieve the stress and aches from lots of diving. Amanda was a warm and gracious host, which added to a great experience. I highly recommend checking it out.

1  Thank Pip B
Reviewed January 18, 2013

After 6 consecutive days of diving and riding a janky bike my neck, jaw, and back were super tense. I was also in a dorm situation and felt like I was in college again, which was fun, but I needed some down time. I'm a yoga teacher and meditator, so relaxation is my bag. Float Utila is just as relaxing as a massage, and the benefits last longer because your knots unravel themselves. I think it's a good idea to do a little stretching first, so you can get right into savasana in the tank. To get over the darkness and isolation - just shut the door and surrender, if you can scuba dive, you can do this! I've been back in L.A. for a week and I still feel the softness of my neck and trapezoids. While in the tank, I went into a deep state of meditation and daydreaming where I was pulled back into the ocean, but worry free, with limitless oxygen, no stinging sea wasps, and giant coral fans waving me into another galaxy. HIGHLY recommended! Also, it may seem like $, but it's way cheaper than it will be back in the big city (if yours has one) Love, YOGANGSTA.com

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Float Utila is where you go when you need to just get away from the outside world. It is calm, serene and blows the word ‘relaxing’ right out of the water. For the first five minutes or so I thought that it was going to be the longest hour of my life, but by the thirty minute mark, I wasn’t sure if I was asleep or not. What I thought when I first got out of the tank was this: Have I just died and gone to heaven? I was a little sluggish for the rest of the day but the next day I felt like a whole new person. When I first saw the tank I wondered what kind of effect this would have on me. I found out in one hours time, the most relaxing hour of my life. One of the best things about Float Utila is that you can’t remember what’s happened in the last ten minutes, and you completely lose your sense of direction. When you get out of the tank all you think about is the fact that you just want to get back in. A conversation with John or Amanda who are both very interesting is the perfect way to end your experience.

1  Thank Chandra H