“Amazing relaxing experience!”
Review of Float Utila

Float Utila
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's biggest floating tank. This is a must do on Utila!
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I was nervous going in to do this because I thought I was going to be claustrophobic, but after I laid down, I was 100 percent comfortable. My mind raced for about 10 minutes, and then it calmed down and I went into a deep relaxation of body and mind. What an incredible experience ! I recommend to anyone!

1  Thank Diver4LifeUsa

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Among the frenetic hustle and sensory overload of Utila exists a quiet oasis for the mind and body - Float Utila.

As a long-time practitioner of various forms of meditation I've always wanted to try the sensory deprivation float tank and I cannot remember a time that I really needed it more than just last week. I'd been diving almost everyday for a month and a half and had just completed 12 very long days of school and training to become a scuba instructor. When I was done for the day I went home to my wife and two beautiful (but VERY energetic) daughters (2 and 4 yo) who really wanted to make up for the time we were apart during the day.

I was tired, my body was sore and I REALLY just needed a moment to myself.

The owners, John and Amanda, are lovely people and explained the entire process from the beginning; they answered all of my question and even gave me some really great tips to get the most out of my experience. Making reservations was simple and Wei, the masseuse, met me afterward for an amazing massage that completed the entire experience.

The float itself was extraordinary. The tank is HUGE and offered more than enough room for me to really stretch out without touching the sides or bottom. It was quiet and dark. The only thing I heard was the beat of my heart and my breathing. I remember actually feeling the epsom salts going to work on my skin and then... I came to about an hour later! AWESOME. I left there feeling on top of the world and totally focused.

Quite simply: floating in Float Utila's tank has been the pinnacle of my meditative experience. I am rejuvinated, happy and feel healthier having had the opportunity to float here twice; once for 1 hour and the second for a 2 hour session.

I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a must if you are visiting Utila. We will always go to Float Utila when we visit!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I had heard about other float chambers and had them described to me as 'coffins'. Upon reading about float utila i was pleased with the opportunity to float in the worlds largest! Indeed, it was anything but a 'coffin', in fact it is large enough for even the most size conscious people. The experience itself was unique, comforting, and relaxing. A massage afterward with one of their beautifull massage therapists is also highly recommended. If i am ever on utila again, Float utila will be a must!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

A wonderful place to relax and give yourself a break from the hustle of Utila. A float in the peace and quiet of John's tank will rejuvenate and refresh the body and mind.