“The best thing a friend has ever done for me”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Float Utila - CLOSED

Float Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's biggest floating tank. This is a must do on Utila!
Utila, Honduras
“The best thing a friend has ever done for me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

Being an exhausted mother of two under two has me going at a break neck pace all day everyday. It is so easy to become depleted in every sense of the word. It was recommended that I take an hour out of my day to float and try to relax to replenish my energy for myself and my family. It was the most amazingly restful experience I have ever had. Better than a full nights sleep (which is something I haven't had in a while), I felt rested, relaxed and a sense of clarity and calm which stayed with me for days afterward. I recommend this experience to anyone who needs to take a little bit of time and space for themselves, to think, rest and relax and to ask about all the added health benefits of floating in a tub of epsom salts (magnesium sulfate). Thank-you to the owners/creators, you are wonderful people who care deeply for the well being of others!

Visited November 2010

Conway, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wow! what an euphoric experiance.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

I had for many years wanted to experience a deprivation tank. While checking out things to do while visiting my friend in Utila, I found Float Utila. They have the largest deprivation tank in the world! I decided to treat my very skeptical friend to an hour float. We both loved the experience. The couple who own the business are very nice and informative. Everything is spotlessly clean and for an added since of ease, there is a light you can turn on. The water is highly saturated with Epsom salts, so you float effortlessly. After my float I felt euphoric, totally relaxed, and at ease in my body. Will definitely be back my next visit to Utila.

Visited February 2011
Aberfeldy, Scotland
“Perfect Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

Experiencing Float Utila was not my first attempt at blocking out the rest of the world and achieving total relaxation, but it was definitely the most successful!
The conditions are set perfectly- Air and water at body temperature, complete darkness(if you want it!) and no outside distractions whatsoever. At the same time it's great for your skin.
All you have to do is lay there, becoming more and more relaxed with every breath.
At the end, you will come out revitalised and ready to face it all again.
I highly recommend Float Utila for anyone who wishes to experience a bit of peace and tranquility.

Visited February 2011
Sarnia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The most relaxing experience of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

This was my first time in a sensory deprivation room, so I had no idea what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to relax totally (not an easy thing for me to do otherwise) in the bed of body temperature supersaturated salt water. .The only sensations I experienced were the sounds of my heart beating and my breaths, I felt that if I was back in the womb it wouldn't be any better than this. A feeling of euphoria stayed with me for a few hours afterward. I highly recommend Float Utila to anyone looking for a calming experience.

Visited January 2011
Winter Park, FL
“Surprised by the dark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

I immediately doubted my decision to float. I am slightly afraid of the dark and wasn't sure I could handle an hour free from stimuli. But I was committed. I climbed in and, with the light on, touched every wall and just floated until I got comfortable. Two minutes later, I dared flick off the light. I felt warm, comfortable and contained. With each passing minute, I grew more at ease and found I could mediate without trying. My thoughts had never been clearer. I was more relaxed in Float Utila's tank than in my own bed. I was able to problem-solve issues that had been bothering me for months. The hour passed faster than I realized. I am definitely a convert, eager for my next float experience.

Visited January 2011