All reviewsboat housesky tvdive shopa wonderful staylocation is greatthe main stripboathousemackenziemathildedockwaterislandunitvibesdivinggallondove
Reviewed August 13, 2017

We had an excelente time al the Lazy Daze. Mathilde is a very friendly person. She gave us great recommendations on what to do on the island. The place is calm and quiet. Recommended for family and copules.

Room Tip: the boathouse is the best pick
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Very relaxing stay in the Boathouse. Mathilde did a superb job of orienting us to Utila, following up with our needs, addressing issues that came up, and being constantly cheerful and pleasant.

Good location out of the center of town, walkable to everything, and 2 doors from Altons for diving.

The hammocks got a lot of us during our week long stay!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank 2000expat
LazyDazeUtila, Manager at Lazy Daze on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this lovely review.
I also wanted to thank your patience and kindness regarding the issue that came up with the shower.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

Excellent place to enjoy and relax. You can walk along the island, its a beautilful place to go in family or in couples, the hotel was so nice, with an excellent atention, the host gave us a lot of tips about things to do around the island.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 22, 2017

Not only was my apartment nice and comfortable. The sunsets on the dock were spectacular. We were also lucky to have great neighbors staying that orchestrated some awesome barbecues. But most of all Mathilde was an amazing host that was on top of everything. I miss Cornelio the kitty the most though!

Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
LazyDazeUtila, Manager at Lazy Daze on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Dear Aaron,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with such lovely words. Indeed we had a really nice crew for a while here. Let's hope we get the chance to gather all again soon.
Let me know when you think about coming back,
All the best,
Mathilde

Reviewed December 29, 2016

I stayed in a lovely first floor corner apartment which opened from the bedroom and living room onto porches with hammocks and a view of the garden out to the bay. Two recliner benches next to the seawall and dock allowed my friends and I to sit, relax, and swim while stargazing and sunset/sunrise watching. Hot water in the showers and air conditioning in the bedroom at night along with plenty of room to visit with friends in the living room and kitchen kept me comfortable every time I took a break from sight-seeing and diving! The management was friendly and helpful! Next door to Alton's Dive Shop, the wonderful, professional place where I learned to scuba dive, made it's location perfect It's easy to walk to stores, restaurants, churches, etc.or take a Tuk-Tuk anywhere else off Main Street. The Boat House in front of Lazy Daze looks like a great place to stay as well!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
LazyDazeUtila, Manager at Lazy Daze on the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2016

Thank you very much Laura for this lovely and quite poetic review.
All the best,