“Friendly, Terrific Little Family-Run Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Relax-Inn

Relax-Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utila
Relax-Inn
Ranked #10 of 15 Utila B&B and Inns
union city, nj
“Friendly, Terrific Little Family-Run Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

I was staying in Roatan in January 2008, and came to Utila for 3 days. I just walked by this little Inn, which is centrally located right in town near everything. I asked, and they had a room. It was quite cheap (US$15 or $20 per night, I think). Now, you can find rooms cheaper in Utila, but this place is great and if you stay longer, I am sure you can work out a deal.
The rooms are nothing fancy, but mine had everything I needed - small fridge, comfy bed, air conditioning (which I didn't use much), private bathroom. There is no tv, which I prefer.
Also, the inn is right next to the owner's property so though I was a woman staying alone, I felt very safe. Also, if you have a guest over, no one minds. And WHAT A SURPRISE -- one day I went out for a very long, very hot walk, and when I returned exhausted, I found a lovely meal waiting for me - delicious fresh cooked fish, with vegetables and rice. The owner seemed shocked that I was so surprised; I guess he does this a lot.
Also, the inn is quite quiet because it's on his property, but I do have to say, the house across the street played some loud music late at night. Still, I didn't mind. The inn is right in the center of town, after all. The inn is clean and friendly and, right on the beach, which is lovely. I got up each morning and walked out to watch the boats and fishermen going out. If you stay here, you are near most of the diving shops, the cinema, the restaurants, and bars. It was a terrific find.
I would recommend it to anyone except those looking for real luxury - cushy white Hilton-type beds, tvs, etc. It's a basic, friendly nice, family-run place.

• Liked — it's on the beach, safe, centrally located, quiet, family run
  • Disliked — small windows in room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank dmax1

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Zebulon GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2008

I've been traveling to Utila for years. A few years ago I came across this little inn and instantly feel in love. The rooms are clean and cozy. Desmond and Dilcia (owners) have become family to us through the years. Desmond doesn't put up loud guest or trouble makers. The family atmosphere perfect!!! It's not uncommon for Desmond to invite guest over for lunch or supper. I'm constantly telling him to open a restaurant. He's an excellent cook.

The location in centrally located in town and there's a nice bakery right across the street. You are also just a few steps away from Cross Creek (Great Dive Shop!!!) The inn is on Desmond's gated property which keeps people from just wondering through. There's a nice little dock just a few feed off the back of the inn. This is a great place to see the incredible sunsets across the harbor.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable rooms with a/c
  • Disliked — No TV or Internet
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank RD2DIVE
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2008

Stayed in early February, owner was very helpful in my stay on Utila. Even invited me to lunch; fresh fish and varieties of fresh seafood. Clean rooms and friendly atmosphere. Excellent fishing and diving around the Island of Utila; Owner showed me around the beautiful Island by water in his boat.

Stayed February 2008