“Utila Water Sports was amazing”
Review of Utila Water Sports

Utila Water Sports
Ranked #12 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of the original dive shops on the Island, Utila Water Sports has been in operation since 1988. With a full makeover just completed, now is a great time to visit us. As the one of the only dive centers on the island that offer both SSI and PADI training, Utila Water Sports dive shop is in a unique position where our instructors can help you choose the best course and training program to suit your goals.
Reviewed January 3, 2018

I did my advanced course last week through Utila Water Sports. Never been to a place that cares more about their divers. Josie helped me with any detail I needed for my trip, not just diving. Wagner was an A+ captain. Andrea was an awesome instructor. This is definitely a diving shop that I recommend everyone doing their courses with or just diving in general.

Date of experience: December 2017
UtilaWaterSports, Front Office Manager at Utila Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Thank you very much!! We're glad to know you enjoyed your time at Utila Water Sports!

All reviews
"dive shop"
"feel very welcome"
"marine life"

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

I went to Utila to do my PADI. Peter who has a shuttle service in La Ceiba recommended Utila Water Sports to me. Although the weather conditions were really tough: storms and a lot of rain, I was able to finish the PADI in 4 days. The dive centre even organized a pool dive for me, because no boats were allowed to leave the harbour. Everyone at water sports was super friendly and helpful. The accommendation was very clean, spacious an well equiped, especially the kitchen. My dive instructor was Andrea and she explained everything so clearly, so I was able to dive very quickly. We had small groups for the freedives, no more than 3 people and I had one to one tuition by Andrea for the PADI. I always felt very confortable thanks to Andrea's clear instructions and explanations and I saw a lot of marine animals which was really cool. Our captain Wagner was good fun and we always had fruits after each dive. Yummy. I went on 4 more freedives which was really cool fun. I can highly recommend Utila water sports for scuba diving!!!!!

Date of experience: November 2017
UtilaWaterSports, Manager at Utila Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you so much for the review! Hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Utila Water Sports is the best option if you want to focus on learning how to dive or improving your skills.
It has the best price and the nicest accomandation. All students stay in a great house in a super nice central location.

staff is super helpful! No Parties but there are plenty of alternatives on the island if desired.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 24, 2017

Really really great time on utila.
One of my favorites in latin america!

I hope I will be back soon, the feeling on this island is so incredible.

Date of experience: March 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Utila Waterspor... U, Manager at Utila Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all the kind words and positive feedback, and will make sure to share your review with our staff, who loves to know that they're making guests happy.
At the same time, you can feel assured that your comments helped us identify or focus on any possible deficiencies that may exist, and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary.
We hope you visit us again, as you are already part of the UTILA WATER SPORTS Family.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a nice stay. We were in a mixed room, two double beds and a single bed. Rooms were clean and had a non suite. We had to share the room with a couple on the first and third night so they tended to keep the couples together which is good for solo travellers.

The room had excellent air con which was a lifesaver with the heat! We had wifi in the room and seating areas outside with some nice chairs, sofa and some comfy hammocks!

We didn't do any diving, we asked to do some paddle boarding and they recommended the lagoon which was a HORRIBLE idea, the water was disgusting and after a while (when we realised the water quality wasn't improving) we turned around.

Location was good because a lot of local amenities (good cafes and AWEOSME beach, 5 minutes into town).

When we walked around we thought there were nicer places to stay, but don't know if these were more expensive!

Date of experience: August 2017
Utila Waterspor... U, Manager at Utila Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
We are a Hostel with share mix accommodation ( Not many people is use to this but for the budget they prefer to do it knowing the advantages and disadvantages ) the private rooms are available for $65 a night.
Compare to the hostel around the area UTILA WATER SPORTS has the best accommodation maybe this HOSTEL style is just not for you.
We recommended the lagoon went the wind in the bay is to strong to avoid bad experiences the lagoon is not a place for swimming.