“Fun cruise line excursion”
Review of Gumbalimba Park

and up
Customizeable Best Of Roatan Island Tour
Ranked #6 of 80 things to do in Roatan
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Gumbalimba park on a cruise line excursion. We were entranced by the rainforest like park that was situated right on a beautiful beach. The exhibits were amazing - we couldn't believe the number of insects in the insectorium, and the monkeys and parrots were amazing!! We visited during the rainy season, so it was sprinkling and windy so we didn't need bug spray. They also had lovely little crafts for sale by vendors as well. Sheena was our guide and was lovely - very informative and professional - there wasn't a question she couldn't answer! We were only sorry we didn't bring our three boys with - they would have loved everything! We plan on visiting again during our next stop in Roatan.

2  Thank AngelinaCh22
Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a blast! For most of us, it was our first time doing a zip line canopy tour. They were so helpful and made the experience so much fun! We then got to see the birds and play with the monkeys. Leave yourself enough time to enjoy it all and don't forget the bug spray!

1  Thank TomsWoMann
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We visited this park to get to see the monkeys, the walk to the monkeys was interesting, we saw hummingbirds, iguanas and got to walk across this narrow bridge. It was a lot of fun. The only this that I didn't like was when we did get to the monkeys we were only there for 10 minutes then our group got lead away and back down to the snack bar. I feel like for $50 we should of gotten to spend more time with the monkeys. As for the beach there was this guy there blowing a shell and when you looked at him he screamed for you to come over and buy a shell. There is also a huge blow up float that has a trampoline and slide. The slide wasn't wet so it burned your skin going down. O I forgot to mention that its $10 a person but there's no sign stating that it cost. For a family of 6 already paying $300 to see 10 minutes of monkeys and paying $60 to jump was kinda ridiculous.

3  Thank mrspoosmasher
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This park was unbelievable! It was so clean and easy to maneuver through! Absolutely beautiful! A trip to the island would not be complete without a visit to this amazing place! The hands on experience with the monkeys and macaws was great!

2  Thank lisaconnolly22
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I had a great time at the park. The grounds were beautiful.I liked the insectorium the most. While my wife liked the monkeys and birds on her shoulders while I took pictures.We should have planned to stay the whole day there. There was beach access with swimming and lounge chairs. There is also zip lines for the brave. The cave with Captain Coxen is nice and gave us some history of the island. WE had an ice cream and coke while watching the humming birds. A very nice afternoon,we should have planned to stay all day. Nick G

1  Thank Nick G