“Amazing Park” 5 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Gumbalimba Park is amazing. The Monkeys are so friendly and the atmosphere is great. I would highly recommend the park to anyone.

Visited October 2012

38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A must see for Roatan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

If you visit Roatan, you must visit Gumbalimba Park! We purchased this as an excursion from a cruise. It's just a short ride from the cruise terminal. The staff at the park is very friendly. You are taken on a guided tour throughout the park, seeing the natural flora and fauna. The staff was very knowledgeable too, answering questions not only about the plants and animals, but the country itself. We got to have parrots and monkeys sit on our shoulders! We also saw huge iguanas wondering around the grounds (some were the size of small dogs)! We had the chance to cross a swinging bridge (don't worry, if you aren't up for the adventure, there is another path). At the end of your tour, you get to take advantage of the park's beach (the water was as clear as tap water, absolutely beautiful) and swimming pool. The park does have lockers for rent if needed and they have a snack stand as well. There is a small gift shop as well. The sights in this park are absolutely beautiful, and I can't say enough about the friendly, knowledgeable staff. You'll fall in love with Roatan in this park!

Visited April 2013
St. Louis, MO
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“What were they thinking??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

What were they thinking hanging me upside down for the zip like that? Actually, that move was on request only based on experience. We had a great time. I am an experienced zip-liner but my 7 year old son had never gone. I felt completely safe at Gumbalimba. They had a guide with him and once he got a little experience, he got to do a few short zips by himself. They use a triple cable system which is better than most canopy tours I have done. (Jamaica only uses a single cable, Costa Rica and Belize had two when I did those canopy tours). The park is walking distance from West Bay beach. The monkey and bird section was a little smaller than I expected but there were several of each and you can go back as much as you want. Lots of iguanas. We had the pool to ourselves since it was slow season and it was a big, clean pool. I would definitely go back.

Havana, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
“AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

So we went to the park this afternoon and decided to do the tour and the zip lining. Everything was amazing! The monkeys and macaws were on our shoulders! Our tour guide Ryan was knowledgeable and really nice. The zip lining was great and our tour guides (Brian and I don't remember his name :( sorry!!!) were the nicest ever! We got the coolest pics and the van picked us up and dropped us off at our resort TURTLE BEACH!!! The entire experience was 5 star and super economical for our student budgets. Did I mention that this was the only canopy tour that has 3 lines??? I felt safe and the pictures were great!

Napa Valley, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fabulous zip lining, animals, and tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We just did it today -- definitely a highlight of our three weeks on Roatan! Excellent, truly educational tour guide -- Nolan Shayer (spelling?). FUN, exciting, and safe zip lining. Amazing time with monkeys and parrots on our shoulders. Great insect museum.
We're going back to do it all again on Sunday!
P.s. We learned that the Gumbalimba employees don't get anything near Honduran minimum wage, just rely on tips, so please tip generously. We tourists are representing our countries! Thanks!

1 Thank Celle