“What were they thinking??”
Review of Gumbalimba Park

Gumbalimba Park
Ranked #6 of 74 things to do in Roatan
St. Louis, MO
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“What were they thinking??”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What were they thinking hanging me upside down for the zip like that? Actually, that move was on request only based on experience. We had a great time. I am an experienced zip-liner but my 7 year old son had never gone. I felt completely safe at Gumbalimba. They had a guide with him and once he got a little experience, he got to do a few short zips by himself. They use a triple cable system which is better than most canopy tours I have done. (Jamaica only uses a single cable, Costa Rica and Belize had two when I did those canopy tours). The park is walking distance from West Bay beach. The monkey and bird section was a little smaller than I expected but there were several of each and you can go back as much as you want. Lots of iguanas. We had the pool to ourselves since it was slow season and it was a big, clean pool. I would definitely go back.

• Czech first
Havana, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
“AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

So we went to the park this afternoon and decided to do the tour and the zip lining. Everything was amazing! The monkeys and macaws were on our shoulders! Our tour guide Ryan was knowledgeable and really nice. The zip lining was great and our tour guides (Brian and I don't remember his name :( sorry!!!) were the nicest ever! We got the coolest pics and the van picked us up and dropped us off at our resort TURTLE BEACH!!! The entire experience was 5 star and super economical for our student budgets. Did I mention that this was the only canopy tour that has 3 lines??? I felt safe and the pictures were great!

Napa Valley, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fabulous zip lining, animals, and tour”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We just did it today -- definitely a highlight of our three weeks on Roatan! Excellent, truly educational tour guide -- Nolan Shayer (spelling?). FUN, exciting, and safe zip lining. Amazing time with monkeys and parrots on our shoulders. Great insect museum.
We're going back to do it all again on Sunday!
P.s. We learned that the Gumbalimba employees don't get anything near Honduran minimum wage, just rely on tips, so please tip generously. We tourists are representing our countries! Thanks!

1 Thank Celle
Philadelphia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“You'd better like monkeys”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family of 5 visited Gumbalimba in August. The ziplining was awesome and worth going just for that. It was cool to see the birds and iguanas. You have a choice to have a macaw on your shoulder or not. The monkeys however were obligatory. They told us if the monkeys want to get on you, you have to let them. If you run they will chase you. If you push them off they will bite you. So of course the monkeys wanted to climb all over me and pick through my hair like they were grooming me. They jumped around from head to head. My son has monkey teeth marks on his legs from where they were playfully biting him. They did not break skin, but I'm still a little freaked out by it. I realized at the end of our visit that if I was holding a camera and stood away from the group they left me alone. Just a tip for those of you who don't want to frolic with the monkeys.

3 Thank nateemma
Bear, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great zip lining and surroundings”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Gotta visit Gumbalina Park. You cant skip it. You'll be glad you visited here. There was nothing At. the park that we didn't enjoy

Visited July 2013