“Fun place to visit”
Review of Gumbalimba Park

Gumbalimba Park
Ranked #6 of 74 things to do in Roatan
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really wanted to visit this park and when I fell down a flight of stairs before I got to go there I was really worried about the tour. No worries..the staff went out of their way to get us a golf cart to drive and get to all the places on the tour. So nice, since walking is extremely painful. Darrell was our guide and he was really friendly and lots of fun. We enjoyed the insectorium, the man made (but fun) Coxen's cave, seeing the free flying macaw's and loads of hummingbirds, and also a visit with the monkeys. Had a great time, learned a lot of history about the island, very enjoyable for all. My only issue when we were there was that we could not find anyplace to eat that was open, I think we were the only ones in the park that day, I would have stayed longer and taken a swim in the pool, but we were starving for lunch :)

There are newer reviews for Gumbalimba Park

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had a wonderful time!! Booked the excursion through carnival, Pirates, birds, and monkeys. Walking tour was fascinating! Not sure of the spelling, but Suronni, a young lady who was our guide is very friendly and knowledgeable! Loved everything, especially the monkeys!! After our tour we were able to back and explore on our own!! Of course we went back to play with the monkeys, the trainers are very friendly and super nice! We will definitely book this one again if we are in Roatan!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked a Snuba excursion for our stop in Honduras. This was a large park with numerous activities. Park was beautiful and well maintained. We did the snuba which was fun and gave me a greater appreciation for scuba diving. Since we were at park we were offered a reduced price to zip line. We did the zip line and had a blast. All in all a great park to visit

Reviewed July 29, 2013

For $30 a person, I was disappointed in what it offered. A bus picked us up from our hotel and drops you off to a guide who walks 90 to nothing showing you around. I was exhausted by the time we got to the monkeys. You get to stay with them about 5-10 minutes until they are rushing you out so another group can come through. When the tour is over, the guide requests a tip. Also, the bus drivers request tips. There's even a tip jar in the restrooms! After paying $30 a person, I didn't feel the need to tip them.

The location is beautiful as far as the plants and flowers. My kids played in the pool for a while, but that's it. Their beach is dirty and the water is not clear. You really need to go down to West Bay for the nice beach.

Bring your own water. We paid $3.00 for a bottle!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have always wanted to zip line and this location could not have been more perfect. The staff was great and we loved it. The monkeys at the end were great and we would definitely recommend this to others.