“Quick, Promt & Courteous Service!!”
Review of De La Vina Wine Bar & Jug Shop - CLOSED

De La Vina Wine Bar & Jug Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: De La Vina Wine Bar & Jug Shop is Roatan's first and only wine bar, offering wines and gourmet foods. It specializes in the wines of South America, from countries such as Argentina, Chile and Uruguay. De La Vina offers structured tastings as well as wine by the glass or bottle. De La Vina can also host private wine tastings for special events. De La Vina is open daily from 11am to 9pm.
Reviewed January 29, 2008

My boyfriend's son and daughter-in-law finally took their delayed honeymoon and chose Roatan Island. We thought that since it had been 6 months since their wedding that we'd like to do something special for them when they arrived and decided to look into having a "Welcome/Gift Basket" for them.

After much searching, I was able to find De La Vina Wine Bar & Jug Shop on-line. Rob (the owner) quickly responded to my request and put together a wonderful basket of wine, cheese, crackers, etc. and was able to accommodate my request to add a 6-pack of beer as well. They even delivered it to the resort they were staying at.

The "kids" were surprised & really enjoyed the treats. I cannot thank Rob enough for helping me out on this request, would highly recommend him and would most definitely use his services again. They are back now & tell us we'd love Roatan better than Aruba, so when we go down, we'll be sure to stop by the shop for a visit!!

1  Thank Mistimoop
There are newer reviews for De La Vina Wine Bar & Jug Shop

Reviewed November 3, 2007

have a large, affordable selection of mostly So Am wines and have a lot of cheeses. Sell by glass or bottle. We brought stuff to our beach house and enjoyed it.

1  Thank sandarter
Reviewed September 27, 2007

If you have a love of fun wine in a unique island setting then this is the place for you. The owners are very knowledgeable and have a great selection of unique wines. They pretty much have a wine for all tastes and desires. This was one of our excursions stops from our Carnival Funship "Valor". I would highly recommend stopping at this jewel in the nile. I also find out they are the ONLY wine bar on the island. So if you're looking for a change of pace from Fruity Rum drinks and beer then this stop is a must. You can also sample fine cheese and they even carry a unique coffee blend. I have posted a picture of my buddies and one of the Co-owners SASHI. He is a unique fellow with lots of good stories. He and the other owner BOB will treat you well!!

James

Phoenix, AZ

Reviewed August 14, 2007

Just a short walk from our bungalow on the beach, De La Vina was the perfect wine oasis in a paradise otherwise filled with blended drinks and local beer. The owners were very knowledeable and more than happy to share their favorite bottle with you. Next time I'm in the West Bay, which will be sooner than later I hope, they can expect a visit.

Reviewed May 17, 2007

We were heading down to Roatan to get married and had found out about this new wine shop after I posted on the Roatan YahooGroup asking about somewhere to purchase Champagne. Since my group of 20 all enjoy wine we decided to set up a wine tasting evening so we could drink and try different wines and champagnes and then purchase some to use for the wedding toasts as well as to drink through out our two week stay. I worked via e-mails with the owner, Rob, to set up a variety of wines, some muchies as palate cleansers and to make sure we had plenty of wine for our thirsty group. For just over $20 a head we had a great tasting set up with a variety of white wines, red wines and sparkling for the around 2 1/2 hours we were there.

The shop is tucked back in the new West Bay Mall, we just took water taxis over to West Bay by Bananarama and walked up the side alley to the main street where the strip mall is on the left.
They closed the shop to cater to our group, and would explain the different varietals and complilations of the wines that we were tasting. Not the easiest task with our pretty rambunctious group, some of which were water logged from an incident with a gypsy water taxi on the way to West Bay.

For our leftover wines that were not opened, they boxed them up and delivered them to our houses at our resort (Luna Beach) the next day along with all of our purchases, boxed separately by the name of the purchaser. We got to enjoy the Argentinean Chandon Champagne at our wedding reception and the remainder of the wines during the rest of our trip. Most of the wines, by our request, were from Spain, Chile and Argentina and all were excellent. I really enjoyed the Spanish Riscal Rioja, and we also liked the younger Spanish Rioja, the Altozano Tempranillo we tried. I also liked the Carta Vieja Savignon Blanc which was nice and crisp and the refreshing Pampas Del Sur Blanco. They also had some Spanish Cava, another delicious sparkling wine, which makes a great Kir Royale when a little Creme de Cassis is added.

All in all we had a great time, drank some great wines and were impressed these nice people, Robert and Christina the owners, put up with our rowdy group! We had lots of great wines to enjoy the remainder of our stay and managed to polish off all but 2 of the several cases we ordered! Definitely stop in and pick up your wines for the week, and like us, try some new ones that will expand your palate horizons!

Andrea in Atlanta
Just back from 2 weeks at Luna Beach!

2  Thank Seaislegal