“Perfect gem in the Caribbean!!”

Castaways at Wilson's Blue Lagoon
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stopped by just for a quick lunch and ended up staying till closing!!. Food was great and a wide selection of beer!. The pool was magnificent and the views were incredible, I think this side of the island is now my favorite. Im for sure coming back for lunch soon!

There are newer reviews for Castaways at Wilson's Blue Lagoon

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I got very lucky that I spotted this place while in my cab to the hotel I was staying at because when I asked for it by name to our hotel's front desk/cab driver they didn't know it. So bless facebook/tripadvisor for helping me locate it!

It's close to the airport and port that goes into La Ceiba so this was very accessible to our hotel & right on the main road. The owners are expats and very welcoming and friendly. Food was delicious tex-mex, some of the best I've had. I was just impressed with the chips and salsa! We enjoyed their spin on a taco, it was a huge serving! But it was quite delicious! Margaritas were delish as well and the price was great.

We even made friends with their kitty (no worries we invited the kitty up the owners were very nice about keeping the kitty away while we enjoyed the meal, we just like cats).

The spot was beautiful too, a small beach with beach volleyball court set up, there was also a nice pool and a gift shop.

I highly recommend stopping by!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our group of 6 stopped here when we met a local who took us. We met Kathy, Ken and Micaya who served us great drinks and awesome chips and salsa - on our first visit.

We also fished off their dock, and enjoyed the swing chairs.

We stopped back a few days later and were welcomed just like Norm on Cheers. The fried pickles and Cheese Quesadillas we great appetizers and very filling.

This is very close to both cruise ports and I think they get overlooked by those looking to explore, but if you want a nice friendly place to hang out on shore, this the perfect destination so you don't spend your limited time on a cruise stop in the car!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Castaways is located just east of the airport on the main highway. We had a stuffed avocado and beef tacos. Both excellent and at great prices. This was our first visit. We found the palapa bar & dining area adjacent to a small pool and all right on the beach. Neat place.