We chose Turquoise Bay Resort in Roatan for our First Anniversary trip. I wanted to become certified to Open Water Scuba and my husband wanted to earn his Advanced Diving certification. We could not have made a better choice! The staff at both Turquoise Bay and the attached Subway Watersports were amazing.
I let the reservation staff at Turquoise Bay know in advance that it was our anniversary. When we arrived, we found fresh flowers in our room (including flower petals spread all over the bed!), a wonderful fruit tray and a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us. They had also placed a dining table on our balcony overlooking the ocean and served us our dinner (grilled lobster and shrimp, really delicious!) there. This is just one example of many that I could give describing the wonderful care that we received from the staff at Turquoise Bay.
We had an equally amazing experience with Subway Watersports. I consider myself truly fourtunate to have had Liz as my instructor in scuba diving. She was amazingly patient (even when I was unable to control my seasickness!), knowledgable, and seemed to love showing me the underwater world that she was so at home in. My husband also had a lot of fun with his Advanced Diving classes.
One thing to remember about Turquoise Bay is that it is on the East End of Roatan while most of the night life is on the West End. This wasn't an issue for us because we intended to rent a jeep for exploring anyway. Also, the resort beach is lovely but man-made. Remember your insect repellent, sand fleas are an issue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Roatan's Northeast shore Turquoise Bay is the only dive resort in this lush and remote area of the island providing you with the opportunity to dive uncrowded, pristine dive sites. The resort is set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views and a protected bay which makes the water calm and perfect for swimming and kayaking. Beach lovers will enjoy our private, tranquil, 500 ft white-sand beach.At Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort you will enjoy the very individual and personal service that only a small dive resort can offer. Our friendly local staff takes pride in getting to know our guests and making them feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Bay Hotel Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands