Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$398
$218
  • Breakfast included
Barefoot Cay Resort(French Harbour)
$174
The Beach House(West End)
$175
$261
$171
Travelocity
$353
Orbitz.com
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$74
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$203
Travelocity
Cocolobo(West End)
$87
  • Breakfast included
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$75
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
$59
$57
All reviewssubway watersportssand fleasbug sprayfishbuffet stylewest endhorseback ridinggreat divingevery mealno see umsthe wait staffsoupsmain buildingpineappleprivate beachnight lifeswim throughs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2010

It is a decent resort, not super fancy but nice enough. My friends and I got the all-inclusive deal. I have to say it was definately worth it. We stayed 3 days and the first day we had buffet meals but the rest of the time we could order what we wanted. Food was great and the staff was friendly and attentive. This resort is located about 45+ min from the west end of the island where most of the shopping and nicest beaches are located. So if you want to pay $30+ per person to go out and about then you have that option. But if you are looking for a place to relax and hang out on an isolated beach then this is the place for you. The beach is not the best quality, sand is somewhat hard. Definitely bring bug spray because the sand flies are bad. But I loved using the free kayaks to go out on the ocean whenever I wanted. I paid $7 to rent snorkal gear from the swim shop and my friends and I took kayaks about a mile out (right beyond the reef) and snorkaled on our own. But you also have the option of paying extra to go out on a boat with a guide.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank CHfromTX
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This is a clean, well maintained, excellent secluded resort. The staff were all wonderful (Yay Allan and Pedro in particular!) went out of their way to please. The food was very good and plentiful. The rooms were colorful, cheerful, clean, nice cold air conditioning and a lovely view of the ocean. Fresh flowers in the room (and a welcome drink) upon arrival; fresh water daily. The dive shop is a short walk away from the main building; very convenient. The dive operation was very professional. Osmond is a great dive master. He and the crew took great care of us. I thought the diving was good ....visibility was a little bit of an issue (maybe 50 ft) and some areas were noticably devoid of fish (others have mentioned this too in various resorts of Roatan..maybe just the time of year we went?? Don't know.) but there was plenty to see and enjoy, including a large group of squid who we met on one dive..the squid and divers just staring at each other.
Yes, sandfleas...I thought I got away with getting bitten, but the last day I got it just sitting under the covered patio at sunset. Not a big deal..some itching for a few days; not a deal breaker.
This is a GREAT PLACE. Go for it!
One suggestion: They need to get out of this mind frame of a cab into town costing $40 each passenger..that is not worth it; it is a rip off; it exceeds NYC cab rates. STOP IT!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skylineguy
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Where to start? The staff was excellent, Jesus, and the entire staff were friendly and fun bunch to be around. The rooms were very nice, hot water, great showers, and the AC was cold. Great views from the rooms, cleaning staff always made sure you had fresh ice water each day and the beds were wonderful for sleeping. We were all divers and came to Roatan for our third or forth time for some, we have stayed at Fantasy Island and CoCo view but overall this is a much better place to stau. The hotel is not so large that you fight crowds for beach space or pool areas. Its perfect if you don't need the excitement of having lots of people around. We dove with Subway dive operations and the dive masters were very good and helpful ( there were three instructors in our party) so to say that Subway had great crews is an understatement! Osman and JT were particularry helpful even when one in our party was a bit under the weather (Chumming) the whole crew was understanding and helpful. If your looking for a fun activity other than diving JT is an excellent fishing guide and the rates are very reasonable. Overall I could not say enough good things about the hotel and Subway. The trip was GREAT from day one and I highly recommend anyone to stay at Turquoise Bay in Roatan, you won"t be sorry!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wally254
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Dive trip to Roatan was a great experience. The hotel is quite and secluded. There were times that I was the only one on the beach! Didn't get bit by fleas. I used bug spray and saw the staff fogging on the beach to help. Staff was friendly and helpful in every way. Food was excellent and didn't have anything on the menu that we did not like.
Diving was good. Everyone was helpful and tried to get everything ready for you before you left. Boat needed a little updating, but was functional.
Rooms were clean. No bugs. Needed a little updates and when told Management they were going to fix immediately. Few was great and right on the beach!
This is a quite secluded place, if you are looking for excitement and entertainment, this would not be the place.
You can take a shuttle (beware they charge per person) which is pricey to town for different excursions. We booked directly with Pirates of the Canopy zip-lining and they will come and get you for free.
Otherwise, we had a good time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank girl_diver_43
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Our church group of 35 came here for some R & R after a week of working on mainland Honduras. The hotel is a group of cottages lining a beautiful hilltop on the remote side of Roatan. We decided to go with a package deal, which was great for our group. We had three meals a day in their restaurant. The dining area is colorful and gives off a Caribbean/beach vibe. The food was not too elaboarate but it was tasty. I read a previous review that blasted the food here...Sure it's not a 5 star restaurant, but it was not nearly as bad as the previous reviewer stated (at least in my opinion). We were served a good mix of meats (the chicken was almost always my preference), vegetables with a bit of a jerk-like spice, and fruits. The servers were very attentive and always had a smile on their face. The rooms were very tidy and all of them had wonderful views of the ocean and unbelieveable sunsets. I slept like a rock in my bed. Did we see bugs? Yes, we saw a few tiny ant-like bugs. But guess what...YOU"RE IN THE JUNGLE IN THE TROPICS! I was amazed we didn't see more than we did. And yes, we did get some tiny bites from some sand fleas when we went to the beach without putting on some bug spray. Anyone who has travelled in the Caribbean or Central America has experienced this. The bites are harmless and go away in a day or two. I just put on a combination sunscreen/bug repellant and was just fine. Did I mention the sunsets? Out of this world. The pool was small but served our needs fine. We went snorkelling with the charter next to the hotel and they did a really great job of putting us on some neat reefs and fish. One night the power went out for about 5 minutes as we sat by the pool and we got to see some of the most amazing stars. We almost wished the power had taken longer to come back on. Every time we encountered a hotel staff person, they had a smile on their face and were really trying their best to see to our every need. And finally, the icing on the cake? The value. This property gives you all of the comforts you will need at 1/10th (literally), the cost of a resort in Maui. Sure it's apples and oranges, but I left Turquoise Bay with a sense that I paid too LITTLE. Great place!

• Stayed: July 2010