My mother and I had heard great things about the reef and diving in Roatan, so we made our first trip and stayed here. It was like staying with family...nothing fancy, personalized and people cared to serve and know you. All our needs were met and then some. We had amazing views of the ocean from our villa and enjoyed being more remote and away from all the tourism and bustle of town. Even the 40 minute trip from the airport was enjoyable with great island views. We enjoyed the diving (separate review on Subway Watersports and this part of the reef) and then relaxed on the quite, private beach in hammocks. Dreamy. Yes, there are sand fleas in Roatan but nothing I couldn't handle with bug spray. My mom never sprayed and was never bothered. Food was varied, and we were always pleased with the offerings. We were not told about snacks being offered between the long five/six hour afternoon gap between lunch and dinner and didn't figure this out until day five when we saw someone on the beach being served food. When we asked, people seemed to be reserved as if they were trying to save money than provide what was actually offered in our all inclusive package. We wished dinner was served earlier...doesn't start until 7pm. Communication from management was subpar as they never shared if/what entertainment was provided after dinner in the evenings, and we missed all of them. We heard about several things that were in ill repair in rooms among our dive friends such as AC and hot water. Our safe and hair dryer needed repaired. However, all were corrected pretty quickly when staff was notified. Beds were very hard, but we adjusted after a few days. Even while being careful, we both suffered from stomach issues around day five or six which lasted about two weeks. We recommend bringing a personal water bottle as drinkable water is served from large jugs. Several visitors all left for the airport on the same day, and the staff's way of handling this was strange. In one van, they stuffed people in every spot but did not send their luggage. In our van they stuffed four people with everyone's luggage. Those who left first had to wait some time at the airport for their luggage before they could proceed to check in for their flights. We would return again for the peace, solitude and boutique diving, but I guess you have to know what you are signing up for. In our opinion, the pros far outweigh the cons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Roatan's Northeast shore Turquoise Bay is the only dive resort in this lush and remote area of the island providing you with the opportunity to dive uncrowded, pristine dive sites. The resort is set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views and a protected bay which makes the water calm and perfect for swimming and kayaking. Beach lovers will enjoy our private, tranquil, 500 ft white-sand beach.At Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort you will enjoy the very individual and personal service that only a small dive resort can offer. Our friendly local staff takes pride in getting to know our guests and making them feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Bay Hotel Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands