I can not say enough good things about Turquoise Bay Resort (TBR)! My wife and I stayed at the resort from the the 17th of December 2012 until the 7th of January 2013, and this is our third time at TBR. In a "nut shell", all I can say about the resort is that it continues to improve year by year. This year, they added additional seating in each room, and as we were leaving they were replacing the desk in each room with a proper dresser with added storage. The resort is somewhat remote, and is a distance from the "touristy" west end area of the island. But, between the Sunwing representative and the staff offering suggestions for adventurous things to do, boredom is not a factor. TBR is an excellent location just to lay back and relax and "recharge the batteries". With the "Subway" Dive shop on the resort property, arranging for dive and snorkelling trips is easy and convenient. The resort, is small and "family owned" and the staff take great pride in the care of the property. To start with, the beach is extremely well maintained, as are the gardens. The staff is continually raking the beach, spraying the beach and gardens to supress the sand flies and doing whatever it takes to make it a pleasant environment. As I stated previously, this is a small "family owned" resort, with a small number of rooms, which for us was, and still is the attraction. The rooms are generous in size and are kept immaculate by Miss Ena and her wonderful co-workers. They have added to each room a love seat and as well the desk is being replaced with a dresser. One positive addition in the past year was a security safe in each room. All in all, the rooms are excellent, all with a view of the water and gardens. Our personal opinion is that rooms #1-#12 are the best and easiest to access, the others require a walk up a long flight of steps, but after the meals, sometimes you need that bit of exercise!
One area we thought could not be improved upon was the food, well, we were wrong! It keeps on getting better. The Chef, Juan Carlos has raised the bar again this year with the addition of local delights that everyone enjoyed. Breakfast is buffet style, with a variety of fruits, toast, cereals, and eggs made to order, Miss Brenda does a wonderful omlette made to your liking. Lunch is again buffet style with a selection to varied to mention, but it is always fresh and hot and there is always something to suit your tastes. Dinner is again buffet style, but with the addition of local delights, pasta night, or as at Christmas and New Years, there are always selections of fish, chicken and pork or beef and roast turkey. Now, I'm saving the most impressive aspect until the last ... the wait staff! In all my years of travel I have never met a wait staff as good as the one at TBR. The waiters do everything in their power to make your stay the most memorable. I will not mention them all by name for fear of leaving someone out, but I congratulate all of you for a job well done. I just can't begin to tell you how accomodating they are to make your time at TBR as relaxing as possible. I would suggest to all going there that a "tip" of some denomination would be greatly appreciated by the staff.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Commercial Manager, Jesus Reyes and his assistant manager for taking the time to sit with us on several occassions and chat about what if anything they could do to improve the resort and and if anything that could be done to make our stay more enjoyable. Everyone who works at this resort should be commended for their dedication and hard work to make TBR the best resort on the island! And lastly, we will be back in December 2013 for another three weeks, we look forward to seeing all our friends again at that time.
Gary and Ann Maycock
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Roatan's Northeast shore Turquoise Bay is the only dive resort in this lush and remote area of the island providing you with the opportunity to dive uncrowded, pristine dive sites. The resort is set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views and a protected bay which makes the water calm and perfect for swimming and kayaking. Beach lovers will enjoy our private, tranquil, 500 ft white-sand beach.At Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort you will enjoy the very individual and personal service that only a small dive resort can offer. Our friendly local staff takes pride in getting to know our guests and making them feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Bay Hotel Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands