Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$109
$97
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$140
$126
  • Breakfast included
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$74
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas(French Harbour)(Great Value!)
$84
$226
$197
$264
Orbitz.com
The Beach House(West End)
$175
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
$152
Hotels.com
$179
$630
$616
All reviewssubway watersportssand fleasbug sprayfishbuffet stylewest endhorseback ridinggreat divingevery mealno see umsthe wait staffsoupsmain buildingpineappleprivate beachnight lifeswim throughs
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Three friends spending a week in Honduras, decided to get pampered at Turquoise Bay Resort for the remaining 4 days after exploring La Ceiba. Most guests were divers but a few families were there over the weekend. The food was excellant especially when we were not doing buffet style. The waiters were very sweet and accommodating.... even baked me a surprise Birthday cake for my Special Day. Always had the beach to ourselves. The room was clean with a spectacular view .... Early Sunsets at 530pm.... Why are they on Mountain time?. Always felt safe... sunny warm and a rain shower each day kept things fresh and lush !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank maureen b
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I look over all the main resorts on Roatan. When we found Turquoise bay, the price of scuba diving package seemed to good to be true, and we took a chance. WOW were we impressed. The resort was beautiful, clean and well maintained. The staff was great, going over and above to make sure all your need were meet. The dive shop was equally impressive, going out of their way to make sure you were taken of. they exceeded our expectation. I have told many of my friends both divers and non-divers about Turquoise bay.We plan to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Benchjeweler1
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was with a group of 22 persons from our local dive club. The price we had gotten for the "off season" was too good to pass up. The resort is in need of a little fixing up, but as a whole it was very nice. The pool was nice but it seemed to be struggling a little to keep the water clean. BUT, the dining area was very large and the food was actually very good for a buffet style setting.(I was told the buffet style was due to the size of our and other groups there at the same time) The entire staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help you with any needs. My room was one down by the boats and was very large and nice. (ask for those) The dive shop was close to those rooms and it made it nice in case you forget something. The dive operation was very good, even with the manager away on her break. The boat issue needs to be addressed if larger groups continue to show up at the same time..our boat had diesel smoke issues and it got to us pretty bad..but again the dive sites were close and the diving was awesome..I love those Roatan reefs..I took a Lionfish killing course offered by the marine park and it really made the last part of the week really fun.. Yes take your SSS or deet because the biting bugs do come out and get you. I guess since I have been in that region 5 or more times, maybe I was immuned a little, but they did eat up a couple of my friends..In all a great trip for the buck..

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the dive shop..newer and larger
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just came back from a week on Roatan, and despite being in the rainy season, we only saw a few showers, most of the days were gorgeous sunny and warm!

I have to pre-fix this review by stating that we did not lodge at the resort, but we did spend 90% of the daylight time at the resort for one week. My family of 5, all going to Roatan to dive, stayed in a rented house next door, but we dove every day with Subway Diving, which is the resort dive shop, had lunch at the restaurant, and perused the facilities enough between our dives to know, that if 2-3 of us only were going, this would be the resort we would stay at, and diving outfit we would return to. We actually were shown the rooms and found them roomy, clean, comfortable and adequate, sort of on the "Hampton Inn"/"Comfort Suites" level, not overly luxurious, but more than adequate as far as comfort and cleanliness by American standard, all having AC, TV, safe & coffee maker (and trust me, this is quite luxurious by Honduran standards! ). This is a smaller resort (and that is a plus), but has all the resort activities available, including a beach, kayaks, pools etc. and is very well maintained, colored according to its name. The staff was consistently friendly, the atmosphere laid back. The lunch (which is the only meal service we can speak about) was absolutely adequate, alternating between off-the-menu and buffet. The staff was attentive and really went out of their way to please you and make you comfortable, knowing the drink preference of each of us by the second day we lunched there (pretty good given we were not staying at the resor, and as a "non-resident" the prices were very reasonable. With the excellent and safe food, we decided to have our lunch at the resort every day as we found nothing else around looking even close to being as good.

This is a diving resort and there is no end to the good I can say about the diving shop attached to the resort. Kimberly, the manager, and Ed, her husband and uber-dive master were both warm, flexible and just great persons to deal with, with the safety standards being way above what we have experienced in the past, even within the United states. The 5 of us all had different dive experience, spanning the specter of 16 to more than 100 dives and certification levels, but the dive masters were superb, patient and helpful, without ever being condescending, or make you feel bad or unsaf. We had the pleasure of having Osmon for 4 of our 6 days of diving, and he was just fantastic, so good with the more inexperienced in the group, so helpful with new tips to the more experienced of us, and so watchful all the time without being intrusive – everyone of us just felt safe and comfortable, even on the deep wreck dives, all the time, and all our 16 dives were fantastic - all to different sites.

After learning what a week with and without alcohol at this resort cost with 3 dives per day, my buddy (son) and I are already talking about returning next year for a dynamite deal for good lodging, good resorting and fantastic diving! We know we will have no surprises and will get fantastic value for the money.

Room Tip: Lower room clusters have better views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Canyondreamer
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I rate the resort and dive operation as "excellent" primarily due to the value received for the cost of a full week of accommodations, meals and three dives per day. Is the resort's budget limited because of their low rates .... probably yes. That said, the entire staff works tirelessly to keep things going, fixing stuff best they can, and making an honest effort to attend to all the needs of their guests. I found the rooms to be large, clean, and reasonably furnished. When our A/C had issues, it was replaced immediately with a working unit. All three meals each day were good, and the chef and kitchen staff were very attentive. The items on the "cons" side were (1) the dive boats are tired, although the staff works hard to keep them running, (2) the resort is a long way from town and West End entertainment, (3) and the sand fleas (no-see-ums) are swarming, so take plenty of 100% deet. The reefs are in good shape, so if you're going to Turquoise Bay for diving, traveling on a limited budget, and can deal with an occasional "stumble", this resort is a very reasonable option.

Room Tip: The two story building between the main building/pool and the dive shop are most convenient, rooms numbered in the mid-twenties. I did not have a chance to view the other buildings with rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends