Paya Bay is a wonderful option for a relaxing vacation ...especially if diving and/or snorkeling is an important vacation activity. My wife and I knew up front that we were going to a small resort located in a fairly undeveloped part of the island. For some folks that would be a recipe for boredom but for us it was perfect. The McNabb family, who own and operate the resort, do an outstanding job of attending to the needs of the guests. Being a small resort, it cannot provide the level of amenities found at larger hotels but by the same token the larger resorts cannot compete with the level of personal attention that the McNabbs gave to us. I felt a genuine effort was made by all family members (and many of the staff) to get to know us and authentically be interested in how we were enjoying our vacation....this personal touch was most welcome. The resort itself is clean, comfortable and picturesque. It has a great location (that is, if you enjoy relative solitude and the beauty of the surrounding countryside). Again, if you require non-stop activities or access to immediate shopping, this is not a good choice. But if you like nice beaches, terrific access to a healthy reef system, and the opportunity to chill out, it is a superb vacation option. Development on Roatan will undoubtedly change the character of the island considerably over the next 10-20 years. One can only hope that this little vacation oasis remains mainly undisturbed. Signed- Libby and Tony from Greensboro, NC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands