We booked the day excursion through Paya Bay during our stop in Roatan on our Royal Caribbean cruise. It was perfect! We got away from the cruise ship crowds and got to experience a great, locally owned resort. The driver picked us up at the port, and drove us to the resort, which took a little over an hour each way. He essentially gave us a tour of the island on the way, which was wonderful. Upon arrival, we were given fresh fruit juice and a fruit plate to enjoy. We then purchased some cocktails and were shown to a room for use during our short day stay. We changed into our swim suits and immediately headed to the beach. Due to their limits of guests, we nearly had the entire place to ourselves. We only saw about 10 other guests while exploring the property. We hiked through the trails and explored all of the different areas, but we mainly stayed on the beach. Lunch was also incredible - very fresh and tasy. We plan to go back to visit for a longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands