“Wonderful Spot”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Spot”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family (20,22 and 50s) had a fabulous time at Mango Creek Lodge. The cabanas are lovely and they really do look like the photos. We stayed in the double and it was private from kids but also right together. Perfect!
We sailed, snorkeled, kayaked, swam and fished. We also did a ton of reading and relaxing. We learned some new card games and increased our darts skills! The other guests and Doc/DD were heaps of fun to hang around with and we spent many hours talking about experiences we each had had around the world. The food was fantastic and they accommodated our special diet restrictions without any problems.
Doc and DD have made this place very special. Everything is spotless and in good order. The atmosphere is totally relaxed and guest focused. They were willing to help us do anything we desired.
The weather wasn't great with only one day of sunshine but it really didn't matter. We did everything anyway and we didn't get skin cancer!
I would recommend this to anyone who wanted to do something a little different and who wanted to get away from it all. Be as active as you want or read and sleep all day. They are there to make whatever happen.

Room Tip: The cabanas are all lovely. It really doesn't matter which one you get as they are all very priv...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I have been meaning to post this review for a long time and are sorry to be so slow, but Mango Creek Lodge is one of the most amazing places we have ever been. It is a beautiful property and all that you could imagine or wish for! We celebrated our 10 year anniversary there and could not have ever wished for more. Between Terry, Patrice, and the staff we were pampered every second! Patrice taught me amazing details while snorkeling and Terry took the time to help me recognize everything I saw once back at the Lodge. The food was amazing, delicious, and perfectly catered to our taste! Omar and Jovey helped to give us one of the most romantic and amazing days ever with a trip to pigeon cay! We had an amazing trip and hope to be back there in the near future!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for two days and one night ....would have stayed longer if we could have. A great place you cant find any where else. Doc and DD have done a great job with the property, the land, ocean, and the staff.....true eco-lodgin at its best. Absolutely most amazing food too. Mike, our fishing guide was fantastic....patient with my low level skills...he had me reeling in some big fish (they were big to me at least). He was great taking us to all his good spots sure get us hooked up with some big fish! Thank you Doc and DD!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This place is a GREAT place to go to relax. My wife and kids were there to scuba and did a ton of that. I was there to sit in a hammock and read while they went diving. The cabanas were a great base for them and a super relaxing time for me. The food was VERY well done. We spent thanksgiving with the owner, manager and their families. The locals doing the cooking did an amazing job with thanksgiving dinner.
This place really feels like visiting an old friend at his beach house. This is NOT the place to go if you are looking for nightlife or shopping. This IS the place if you love the ocean and nature. This IS the place to go for a completely customized adventure.
My kids loved snorkeling from the deck of the cabana.

Room Tip: Each of the cabanas are a bit different, and if they are not all taken, you pick your rooms when you...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and myself spent 11/11/13 to 11/19/13 at mango creek and had a wonderful time. We had spent the previous week in Costa Rica, which we have been several times and really enjoy it there but much preferred our time at this resort. It is a little off the beaten path but that truly enhanced the experience. Doc and DD were gracious hosts and took a personal interest in ensuring our stay was as enjoyable as possible. Stayed in a cabana over the water, pretty cool having the sound of the water all night. This trip was low key, didn't fish or dive, but did some snorkeling. The guides were motivated to makes sure our experience was lasting, some of the best coral i've seen. Looking back, my favorite part was the dining. The kitchen staff was awesome, Joy and Jenny cooked three delicious meals every day. I have never eaten as well and would go back just for the food. My wife and I travel a good deal and would rate this trip as, by far, one of the best times we have had,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The pictures and reviews will never justify the peace, tranquility, hospitality and simplistic beauty at Mango Creek. We arrived to Roatan just like any other newlyweds; anxious for what our honeymoon week would bring and exhausted from the wedding festivities. Within hours of our arrival Doc, DD and the staff had us completely settled in and all anxiety was gone.

After an amazing first lunch, we headed out for our first snorkel trip in the kayaks. The overwhelming beauty of the water far exceeded any exhaustion we had arrived with. Each day was spent relaxing and enjoying exceptional meals freshly prepared by the staff and various excursions to the town, diving, snorkeling and fishing.

We absolutely loved the cabanas. They were beautifully decorated with untouched craftsmanship and most of all comfortable. The personal touches of the staff puts into your stay surpasses any customer service we have ever received. The genuineness and sincerity of the staff makes Mango Creek feel like home. BEST HONEYMOON location hands down!!

Cant wait to see our Mango creek family next year on our one year anniversary!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I were there in may, perfect moon and tides, he is a fly- guy, but even an avid fly fisherman couldn't resist the 29 inch Mutton, the 80 pound sailfish I got on 15lb tackle, the giant Grey snappers,jacks, tuna,barracuda ripping the line so hard you think you'll run out of line.
My guide Michael called me the Mutton Slayer, and every night the wonderful cook prepared it.
We brought in Jacks and tuna for sashimi. OF course we got the target fish--- 20 pound permit, 3 in 1 morning hunting the flats. I missed a superslam by a bonefish which are so plentiful, oh well.
Cry myself at the bar with great Honduran Beer, the green bottle are best, plenty of wine. Great sleep, awesome compound,safe,remote,good staff.we stayed 2 weeks.TY Terry&Patrice

Room Tip: Stay in the overwater cabana.I stayed in then lime green because my husband is paralyzed, but I like...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple