We decided back in August to take a New Years cruise of the Western Caribbean and to get married on the island of Roatan in early January. We did some research on the Internet and made contact with a couple of companies on the island. Quickly, it was apparent after we e-mailed with Cecilia of Palmetto Bay Plantation that this was where we wanted to have our Wedding.
Communication with Cecilia was great and she took care of all of the paperwork, booking the photographer, arranging transportation and the taking care of all the plans on the island. All we had to do was send her the information that is needed to legally perform a wedding in Honduras; along with the payment for everything we wanted.
When our cruise arrived, we (and our two friends) were met at the dock by a driver for the Resort who took us to the other side of the island in a 4X4 truck (necessary after some earlier rain). When we arrived at the Resort, we were met by Cecilia and the photographer (Devon from Roatan Photography who was also excellent!) and led to one of the 3-bedroom house in order to change. (It was a beautiful and we wished we could stay for longer).
The wedding took place on the beach. What an amazing setting! The scenery was great, the officiant was very nice and the resort staff acted as witnesses and brought out champagne for a toast when it was done.
We had our photos taken and enjoyed a quick drink and fruit plate and were then driven back to the dock. It was so quick, but because Cecilia had arranged everything so well, it went off without any problems. Thanks so much to her and the rest of the staff at the Palmetto Bay Plantation.
We definitely want to go back to the resort to spend a week or two in the beautiful and natural environment. Maybe for our 1st Anniversary...if not sooner!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Palmetto Bay is a natural paradise situated on a sparkling bay, surrounded by a coral reef. Pristine beaches friendly faces and rhythm that allow you to appreciate the natural beauty are your constant companions. From our white sand beach, you can walk for miles and not encounter "modern civilization". See why so many people have chosen to make Palmetto Bay Plantation their vacation destination and why seven major television shows have filmed programs at our resort including "Temptation Island" on Fox TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Resort at Palmetto Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmetto Bay Plantation Roatan
- The Resort At Palmetto Bay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands