If you are looking for a off the road place to get away, go to Palmetto Bay. They have spectacular staff (kudos to Emily and Eric) with beautiful reefs for snorkeling/diving two minutes out. The villas are well equipped, clean, and very peaceful.
We got there mid-week and it was quite tranquil. We had a bit more people on the weekend, but nothing like the big resorts on the other side of the island. Pre-order your lunch and dinner and the food will be ready for you on time. Stop by the supermarket with the driver on your way in and you can get pretty much anything you need to complement eating at the restaurant.
The bugs are a force to be reckoned with but just wear bugspray and long sleeves/pants after 4pm (I have lived here for years and it is the only failsafe option). Try to stay inside around dusk and inside screened areas or around the main lodge afterwards where you can find a nice sea breeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Palmetto Bay is a natural paradise situated on a sparkling bay, surrounded by a coral reef. Pristine beaches friendly faces and rhythm that allow you to appreciate the natural beauty are your constant companions. From our white sand beach, you can walk for miles and not encounter "modern civilization". See why so many people have chosen to make Palmetto Bay Plantation their vacation destination and why seven major television shows have filmed programs at our resort including "Temptation Island" on Fox TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Resort at Palmetto Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmetto Bay Plantation Roatan
- The Resort At Palmetto Bay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands