Wow what a great experience my wife and I had at Palmetto Bay Plantation and on the island of Roatan! We have traveled extensively in the Western and Southern Caribbean and the time we had a Palmetto Bay may have been our best vacation every. Granted the pool and beach are not the tops in the region but the people at this resort more than make up for the minor inconvenience of having a small pool and a weedy beach. Yeah Roatan has bugs and I highly recommend you take precautions as we are still itchy but this place is worth it! Just use lots of spray and heed their warnings. Also, the resort will arrange transport for you anywhere you want to go on the island. We swam with dolphins, visited French Key, West End and West Bay all arranged by the staff at Palmetto.
I highly recommend the resort for special occasions. We had the place nearly to ourselves, got to know the friendly staff and other guest. I can't express enough how wonderful they are. We happen to be at the resort over my birthday and Erick made us a special meal on the beach and baked me a birthday cake without us even asking for that type of service. He also arranged a bonfire on the beach and a heart in the sand for my wife and my 25th anniversary that was unexpected. We were on the all-inclusive and both the food and the drinks were very very good. Lobster and shrimp dishes were both good as was the fish and chicken. Breakfast was also wonderful although I’m not a huge fan of the coffee here.
We also used Subway divers who office at the resort and were VERY pleased with the instruction we were given on our first two dives of our lives (they will not be our last). Darren and co were wonderful and the instruction couldn't have been better. What the resort may lack in beach it MORE than makes up for in reef less than 100 yards off that beach. I've never seen a healthier reef and we have snorkeled all over the Caribbean and Hawaii.
Bottom line...what a trip...from Cecilia to Erick the entire staff made our stay a great experience. It's a big world and I rarely go somewhere twice but this is a resort we might just have to get a second visit from my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Palmetto Bay is a natural paradise situated on a sparkling bay, surrounded by a coral reef. Pristine beaches friendly faces and rhythm that allow you to appreciate the natural beauty are your constant companions. From our white sand beach, you can walk for miles and not encounter "modern civilization". See why so many people have chosen to make Palmetto Bay Plantation their vacation destination and why seven major television shows have filmed programs at our resort including "Temptation Island" on Fox TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Resort at Palmetto Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmetto Bay Plantation Roatan
- The Resort At Palmetto Bay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands