“Excellent experience!”

Roatan Eco Tour. Snorkeling Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan Snorkeling. Best Snorkeling Tour. Newest company on the scene, with newest boat and equipment. Roatan Eco tour is specialized in snorkeling: our guides are professional PADI dive master and the boat is custom made for maximum comfort and safety.We feel it's important to earn our reputation one guest at a time. Our goal is to make you feel like family and show you the best Roatan has to offer.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Alex & Javier are wonderful. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience.
Alex picked us up at the port and drove us over to his boat.
During the tour we went to two spots. The first was absolutely my favorite, simply beautiful!
We had only snorkeled once before and were a bit apprehensive, but Alex & Javi put us at ease. They both were in the water with us and pointed out many fish and sea creatures to us.
They provided water, beer, and fresh fruit.
After we returned to the pier, my husband and I wanted to eat local and Alex made a wonderful suggestion. In addition he arranged for our transport back to where our ship was docked.
Would definitely recommend Alex & Javi to anyone!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Alex, the owner of Roatan EcoTours, runs a nice operation. He's not exactly a local, as he is from Italy. His boat is clean and well maintained. He took us to 2 lovely snorkeling spots then to a beach where you could lay on beach chairs in the water, shop or have lunch. Over all, a very lovely experience. His helper also did a great job--always there when you needed help getting that perfect picture or with your gear. The 2 of them were particularly helpful to me. I went on the trip partially disabled and needed extra help getting on and off the boat. They were gracious about assisting me and never made me feel ungainly.

For the approximately 4 hour tour, they offered water, soft drinks, beer and fresh fruit, which was just fine. My only complaint was that the boat lacked a head (bathroom). Several of the ladies onboard commented that they could have used one. Other than that, the boat and staff were great.

1  Thank Lori R
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We visited Roatan in May on a shore excursion from a cruise. I have visited the island before on another cruise but this excursion was the best I have had in all my five cruises. Alex and Javier were knowledgeable and were more than happy to share information about the island, fish, other sea animals and coral. It was so relaxing being out with them that I didn't want to leave the island. There were only me, a friend and my best friends husband. Alex and Javier snorkeled with us and pointed out squid, rock fish, coral, lobster, different fish. I saw a sea turtle. I would recommend this trip to anyone. Planning on returning next year just to the island.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Alex and Javier were amazing and the tour was very well done. Even though we were the only people on the tour that day, we were treated to an incredible guided tour of the beautiful Roatan reefs. They constantly guided us, pointing out different species and even reviewing them on the boat with a guide to tropical fish. I highly recommend this tour!! Don't be too concerned about leaving Mohagany Bay area to meet the tour. Make sure to pay close attention to Alex's instructions for "local Roatan time". It is two hours difference from the boat. Ignore all the other tour people who try to sway you away by basically lying, just be patient and Javier will turn up with a Roatan Eco Tour sign with your name on it. From what we discovered when back on ship, this tour surpassed any offered a sanctioned excursion.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We visited Roatan island on a shore excursion as part of a Royal Caribbean cruise. I booked by emailing a few weeks prior after reading all the great trip advisor reviews. The tour did not disappoint. There were only 7 people on the tour including myself, husband and two children (aged 7&9). Alex and Javi snorkled with us guiding us and pointing out the different underwater life.
At the end of the tour our group had the option to stay on at the beach for a while and he organised transport from the beach location back to the cruise boat.
Highly recommended much better to do this than to book an overpriced shore excursion from the boat with big crowds.