“A beginners guide”
Review of Kitesurf Roatan

Kitesurf Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Kite School Lessons - Trips - Rental Kite lessons for beginner to advanced riders available. We organize unique Kitesurfing Trips & Downwinders around the Island. If you want to travel light, no problem we also rent kite gear. No matter if you are new to this sport or you have already taken a kite course but some time has passed since... We bring you back in track or introduce you this fascinating sport. We are located in the East End of Roatan, where the wind blows the best. The Kite school is open from December - September. Have a look at our Kite & Yoga or Kite & Dive packages. Please contact us for more informations. We are looking forward to share our passion with you....!!!
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My second lesson, in warm water, great conditions and a fantastic location. For a school that is just starting to get their name out it is brilliant. As a beginner it is excellent, you start at the beach and go from start to finish. These are long tiring days, but with such a satisfied feeling at the end! Chris was my instructor for the day, and everything was explained in a great way that was easy to understand, as well as the fact the he is a really nice guy! (Always willing to come and have a beer on a calm day, we managed to catch the only week that ever seems to be calm though). Other lessons that I have had have not been as good as these, and would love to go again. It's not just a place for beginners though, they will watch more proficient people and make sure they do not get into trouble and give guidance. Definitely the best part of Roatan! For me anyway!

Marilou's yoga classes are amazing too!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Roatan in itself is amazing, but what topped off our trip was kitesurfing with Marilou & Chris. These two made our entire trip. KITESURFING is our new addiction. Marilou and Chris are both inspirational, motivating and fun! Marilou was patient and such wonderful intrustor. We made life long friends, and we will be back to kitesurf!!

1  Thank awitte88
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wonderful Experience! I highly recommend to anyone looking to try something new in a safe and welcoming environment with beautiful scenery and incredible people!

1  Thank 305CanadianTraveler
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I tagged along with Marilou and her kitesurfing group for a day trip not planning to kitesurf but to enjoy the sea, beautiful beaches and awesome snorkeling around Pigeon Cay. Little did I know that she had much more planned for me and brought along the “training kite” so I could try the sport of kite surfing. I was very nervous as I knew nothing about kitesurfing and had never attempted it before but Marilou with her expertise and easygoing spirit put me at ease and gave me the confidence to strap myself (with her assistance) to a kite powered by the wind. For my first lesson we stayed on the shore where I could learn the basics about the wind window, how the kite responds to the wind and safety maneuvers. For a first lesson I considered this a success but Marilou encouraged more just like she knows how to challenge your mind and body during one of her yoga sessions!!! She let me feel what it is like to be behind the kite powered by the wind by letting me body drag behind her through the water. Very basic but for a first timer the chance to experience the power of the wind was a very memorable experience. Just a taste of what kite surfing is like and I will for sure try kitesurfing again and would consider returning to Roatan for a repeat lesson with Marilou!!!! Glad I had the opportunity to experience Kitesurf Roatan and Marilou was so gracious with sharing her knowledge!!!!!

1  Thank Christina L
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've been traveling many years around the world trying to look for a place that I would call "paradise", and I finally found it. East end of Roatan, had everything I needed:
-wind for kitesurfing
-amazing scuba diving
-a good hotel to chill
-friendly people

Chris and Marilou (owners of Kiresurf Roatan) are not only friendly and lovely people but they are also professional.
Don't miss the down wind of 3 hours nonstop kiting down the reef barrier, and don't miss the excursion to kite at Pigons Cay. You can see pictures of both of these places that I uploaded. Once you see them you will understand why I talk about paradise.

Marilou is also an amazing yoga teacher. The yoga deck is located up a hill with stunning ocean views.

If you need material, they have great kites and boards.
Paya Bay resort, where they recommend you to sleep, is in front of the kite spot. Just need to open the door of your room to see if there is wind. The rooms are very nice Caribbean style decoration with all the amenities you need. The restaurant has good food and the staff is friendly.

The only bad thing about kiting with Kitesurf Roatan is that you wont want to go to kite anywhere else...

If you are tired of kiting you can also get a SUP (stand up paddle) and paddle out to the reef where you can snorkel in amazing clear transparent water full of fish of all kind of colors.

Thank you guys!!!! PURA VIDA!!!!!!