“What a memory!”
Incredible luxury. Four suite villa on a private estate. Includes use of a car no extra charge
Dining room open to the views Romantic dinner on the deck overlooking the sea
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Dining room open to the views
Romantic dinner on the deck overlooking the sea
Breakfast palapa and casual area by a waterfall
Master suite with large private deck, out door stone shower, soaking tub, air-con, dressing area....
The deck for suites #2 & #3
Bedroom suite
Tropical luxury
Evening by the pool
Chef at work in your gourmet kitchen
The walkway to the Tower suite and gift shop
The tower suite
Lots of seating on the deck for relaxing after the sun goes down
The villa is full equipped with pets for your enjoyment
The newest member of the Villa's family
One of a kind gifts available for purchase
Authentic wood burning oven...umm pizza!
Boat available for charter
Full service spa on site with two treatment rooms
Many water features in the relaxing gardens
The Guava Suite. Available as an add-on to Fuego or Mariposa del Mar. One queen bed and two twins
Guava suite deck overlooking the gardens
Guava suite bathroom. Lots of artistic details
Relax in the hammock on the private deck of the Guava Suite
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

perfecttr...
valencia
“What a memory!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 for a stay in April 2010
person found this review helpful

When I saw Fuego Del Mar I flipped. The price was great and the pictures sold me. I knew by the map that the Fuego compound was a bit out of town, but I didn't care. I loved the property and I wanted to dive head first into the experience. I decided to stay 3 nights at the Infinity Bay Resort (which is to "die" for) so I could be close to West End. From there I booked Bruce's "Fuego Del Mar" for an entire week. I went to Brown rentals and secured 3 ATV's and 2 scooters.They could not deliver them so we road them back to the house. We had them at our disposal the entire week. I also rented a van , but we barely used it. Making our way around the island on scooters and ATV's was a complete blast!! The roads are very safe and you can ride them anywhere on the island. However..... If you do rent scooters, be careful on the gravel roads. My son was going way too fast and he fell and broke his ankle.

We absolutely loved Fuego Del Mar. The price for what you get is insain. I just got back from Barbados....$$$$$$ I know! Roatan is a real "jungle island" experience and Fuego is just the place to relish in it. This house is not a home....it's a compound! The way the house is arranged, the setting , the ambience, the gardens, views and the rest will astound you. I have taken my family on tropical vacations once a year for 17 years. To this day our entire family talks about the great time we had at Fuego Del Mar. I have stayed in many lovely homes but Fuego is more of an experience. Imagine waking up every morning and standing naked under an outdoor rock shower facing the ocean views! What a way to start your day!

There is a reef right off the pool area. Many mornings when the ocean was calm, my older son would take the canoe out there and snorkel. We rented their fishing boat, (if it's still there ) and Bruce's son took us out to a private island for the day where we lounged on a white sand beach and viewed the under water marine life on a reef just off shore.

Rosa is very sweet as is the entire staff. I grabbed a massage from a little local girl who came to the compound where Bruce has constructed a Spa on top of a small creek. You can view the ocean while the sound of the creek is soothing your soul. To this day I tell people "that" massage I got from that tiny little girl was the best massage I've ever had.

Don't throw this opportunity away. I've been lucky enough to have visited some pretty amazing places. If you read my other reviews you will see that I am not that easy to impress and I have let a few people "have it" when I arrived and things were not as promised. Try to remember that you are traveling to a Central American country. Not everything is going to be perfect and weather patterns can vary.

Fuego Del Mar will stay in my heart forever and is one that is at the top of my list. xoxo

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The house itself!
Liked least: There was some music noise in the distance, but it didn't bother us
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PlanetWan...
Phoenix, Arizona
“Breathtaking!! Pictures don't do it justice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

I just returned home after spending 7 wonderful days at Villas del Mar. It was breathtakingly beautiful!! The entire staff was amazing. Rosa cooked for us each evening.

The rental comes with a cell phone, kayaks, snorkel gear, boat & car. Who could ask for more?

We chartered the Free Radical Catamaran for a day of snorkeling. It was an amazing day!! Highly recommend.

We had a wonderful stereo system and we all took turns with our playlists.

The snorkeling off the dock was great, lots of sealife. The swimming pool is gorgeous!

Take plenty of Deet with you. Most of our group just had a few bites, but I must be tasty because I was eaten alive.

We had a wonderful time, I highly recommend, & I can't wait to return!!!

4 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Beautiful property. Breathtaking views! Wonderful staff!
Liked least: Biting bugs. Take plenty of Deet!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Make Inquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing