Tripadvisor

from $36.00
from $69.00
from $37.04
More Info
All reviews rum cake free samples dark chocolate hot sauce fun stop salted caramel couple bottles bought several worth a stop jam cream west bay both sides for sale cruise ship top notch moist island
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2020

I was invited to make my own flavor of rum by Chef Frank, the owner. Everyone that worked there were very friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed the home made rum cake and bought a couple of their infused rum and coffee cigars.
I highly recommend visiting the factory and if you have chance say hi to Chef Frank and his wife Mickie and hopefully their beautiful dog Lucky.
Thank you for making my wife Ellie and I fill so welcome and I will come back and see them.
D. GaryRumpel

Sorry for the late post

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank dgaryr
Reviewed January 12, 2020

We went to the Roatan Rum Company while visiting the island on a rainy day. We did the rum cake tasting first. We were so impressed with the cakes! They were awesome and truly the best I’ve had. Next we tasted the rum. Our favorite was the Island Spiced followed closely by the Wandering Spirit. All were great, but those were over the top good. There was even a rum cream. The owner (Frank) took his time with each of us to develop our own flavors of rum from tons of rum infused spices. He helped by blending the perfect amount of each and created our one of a kind rum that we will enjoy with friends when we get back to the states. Come to find out, the guy is a chef and has a huge knowledge of what spices compliment each other and made me feel like a pro making something I’m proud to share. Super nice people and clean! Beautiful location and truly a great experience. I have recommend it to people ever since. Will be on my have to do list for my next trip.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 12, 2020

Talk about an experience! My first time in Roatan and boy was it amazing! I was lucky enough to have a friend who had acquired some Island Spiced Rum from Roatan Rum Company while I was in the states, and I fell in love! So going To Roatan, just this past week, we knew where our first stop was going to be. My friends and I stopped by and were happily greeted by Frank, the owner, and his lovely staff. We were met with wonderful smells of rum and rum cake as soon as we hit the door!

THIS PLACE IS HEAVEN!

We enjoyed tasting the different flavors that Frank had to offer, which were all delicious, and then even created a couple bottles of our own which he helped us make taste even better! We tried the rum cakes. Banana was my favorite! Then we grabbed some cigars! Amazing tropical island spiced flavors made for a great smoke!

Talk about a top notch guy. This was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Roatan. IF you want to taste real rum, Not captain morgan, real rum the way it is supposed to be made then you NEED to stop by and visit Frank at The Roatan Rum Company!

I have had a lot of good rums in my life, Roatan Rum Company Island Spiced is hands down the best rum I have ever had!

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank jantzh2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

We booked a Rum and Chocolate Tour through a 3rd party Tour company while on a cruise. I’ll start with the positives- the rum cakes were DELICIOUS and the coffee excellent. Our tour date was 12/31/19. However, as far as “tasting” rum that really didn’t happen. We were very excited for the rum tasting, it turned out to be more of a rum “smelling”. What we got was a less than a one MILI-second pour- her wrist flicking as if she was trying to shake off a mosquito. It didn’t even cover the bottom of the medicine cup. When we asked for a bit more she was not happy to oblige. I am hoping there is some backstory to this- perhaps the day before the servers poured too heavily and the rum sales to customer ratio was not where the boss wanted them. I truly hope that’s it bc of all the other positive reviews. Needless to say we bought a hat, rum cakes and coffee bc we weren’t going to be Oliver Twist asking Mrs. Bumble for more rum.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

What best compliments your cakes? Tried it with vanilla and could only taste the rum . Excellent product

Date of experience: December 2019