“Unusual Place, Unusual Man”

McNab Place Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 214 Restaurants in Roatan
Cuisines: Healthy
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Unusual Place, Unusual Man”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Charley (my Taxi driver friend) and I ate dinner at McNab Place Thursday around 6:00 (6/28/12). The langosta and shrimp in garlic with plantains was the best on the Island however, meeting McNab was the remembrance. There was a greatness about the guy.

"The mark of the man of the world is absence of pretension. He does not make a speech; he takes a low business-tone, avoids all brag, is nobody, dresses plainly, promises not at all, performs much, speaks in monosyllables, hugs his fact. He calls his employment by its lowest name, and so takes from evil tongues their sharpest weapon. His conversation clings to the weather and the news, yet he allows himself to be surprised into thought, and the unlocking of his learning and philosophy." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–82), U.S. essayist, poet, philosopher. The Conduct of Life, “Culture” (1860).

I will return because it is important that we go fishing.

and I try the signature dish - the Pork Chop BBQ . . .

• Visited June 2012

Crandon, Wisconsin
“McNab *Puky's" Place in Jonesville Bar-B-Que on Sunday”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Don't miss the local flavor and friendship at Puky's - MCNAB PLACE! Bar-b-que pork chops are tender and the sauce is delicious. Family place and many local residents enjoy the outdoor cafe. You can approach this south shore restaurant on boat and tie up while you dine. Puky is the owner and extends a warm welcome.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Bea O
Huntley, Illinois
“Friendship and healthy food”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My family and I were in Roatan Island for 2 weeks. We went kayaking all the time to different restaurants but the one particular restaurant that we were so fond of was the Mc Nab restaurant. The food was prepared at your request. Only fresh meat and vegetables were used. Nothing was frozen. The food was delicious and very economical. The owners were very friendly and helpful. They were honest and very caring. We went to eat there every other day. My teenagers loved their animals too. They have monkeys that you can touch and play while you are waiting for the food. They have alligators and birds. Once a month Mc Nab has their traditional parrillada (barbecue ) where at believe all the Roatan Island citizens went to eat there. We were lucky to have the opportunity to eat their barbecue. They had fish, chicken and beef. We tried all of them you can't choose one over the other. Everything was delicious. I have to say that I don't eat meat but I enjoy the meat very much. I believe because it was farm grown animals and fresh caught. If you go to Roatan Island I recommend you this place. It is out of this world.

• Visited August 2011