“A Little Slice Of Heavan!!”
Review of Little French Key

Little French Key
Ranked #2 of 74 things to do in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to our Private Island Retreat......Best Moments....Both eco friendly and mystical, this place is built with kindness to the environment and people in mind, Little French Key is where you get back to your essence. Roatan is an uncommon place to rejuvenate physically, mentally and spiritually. .Join us for some of the best moments of your life.....
Joplin, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A Little Slice Of Heavan!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My family and I decided to book a day at Little French Key based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvidor, and we were not disappointed! We were there on March 7th and there were a total of at least 4 cruise ships in port that day(including ours), yet somehow the island was not crowded whatsoever. I don't know how else to describe my experience there other then to say it was the Caribbean paradise I've always dreamed!! And by far the most relaxing and serene day of my 7 day cruise. Pristine clear waters, white sand, awesome food, use of snorkels and kayaks and the once in a lifetime opportunity TO HOLD MONKEYS!!! What more could a person ask for?! The owners of this island are super nice people! After only being there for an hour or two my brother blew out his flip flop. All of his other shoes were back on the ship, so we weren't sure what he was going to do. We checked the litte gift shop there on the island, but no flip flops or shoes. We then talked to the owner of the island (can't remember his name) and he immediately went out of his way to make sure he found a solution. He eneded up having some of his fisherman rig it up by sewing a strip of cloth on with fishing line which connected it to the base of the shoe. While it wasn't the most stylish flip flop it was certainly practical, sturdy and very well done. It survived the rest of the day on the island, some shopping in Roatan and the hike back to the ship! We were so grateful that they were willing to go out of their way to help us out like that. It shows what kind of wonderful people you will find at the Little French Key. Our whole experience at the island was great. I have made a promise to myself that at least once in my life I will make it back to that little piece of paradise. I started missing it the second I left! If you are going to Roatan, do yourself a favor and book a day at Little Fench Key.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Skittles123
littlefrenchkey, Owner at Little French Key, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
It started with a Caribbean Dream for our family..... And then a spiritual awakening that "anything worthwhile is truly meant to be shared" !

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day @ LFK”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Spent 4/9/13 at LFK. Had an amazing day. Because of the rough seas mentioned by others, our snorkeling was limited. But it was still fun. Monkey Lalas rock! Food was good and the island was clean. I highly recommend LFK for a relaxing beach getaway!

West End, Roatan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to relax and enjoy the sun and sand!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Wonderful place to go and relax on comfortable chairs on a deck or in the sand! Great place to spend the afternoon or all day! Be sure to eat on Roatan then take the barge to the small Key! Always bring friends here!

Visited March 2013

Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Most beautiful place I've ever been too!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I found Little French Key on trip advisor and just looking at the pictures I knew I had to go there. It was MORE then we expected. I don't like cruise ship tours because they can be so crowded. I was there on Arpril 9th. It was a gift to my friend for her birthday while on the Dawn. Everyone was so nice. The food was great. Snorkeling was amazing. Saw lobsters, and other fish as well as some beautiful coral. Water was a little rough but your in the ocean. The mokey drinks are amazing. You have to have them. Made friends with one of the monkeys who didn't want to leave me. The handler finally just told me to walk around with him because he wouldn't go to anyone else. He was so cute and loveable. Had the chance to meet the owner who was warm and so happy we were having such a good time. The beach is clean and beautiful..JUST PERFECT!!! I have decided this is the most wonderful place on earth. Plenty of chairs and loungers are available. If you are on a cruise and want to visit a slice of heaven. Peace, friendly people, perfectly relaxing beaches. You can do it all or nothing. The only thing missing was a hotel.. I would have made reservations on the spot to go back. ( I did tell the owner I would just sleep in one of the hammocks there as well.) It's just that relaxing. I WILL BE BACK!! It's worth every penny.

2 Thank MAC2121

Augusta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“good times at little french key.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

my family and i was there the week of 4/7/2013 - 4/14/2013 on a NCL cruise. my wife booked this after reading the good reviews on trip advisor. i was a little concern with booking an excursion outside of NCL, since we only been on NCL excursions. but once we were by the meeting area and saw about 15 other people going to the same place, my worries were lay to rest. after a car ride, we had to take a shuttle boat to the private island beach. there were about 40 people there that day because of rough winds another cruise ship was not able to dock. so we had plenty of room on the beach area. but even with the other cruise ship there was plenty of room for more people. you get 2 drink tickets with your payment and pretty much everyone drank the monkey lala a rum and coconut drink that is very good. the beach area was clean, the water nice and clear. if you stand still and look down you can see little clear color fish swimming around. if you go further out you can see some bigger fish. we did a little kayaking but i didnt enjoy it since my wife made me do all the work. around lunch time they brought out the food and it was average. but i didnt come for the food anyways. as always YMMV with anything you do but from my experience with this excursion, i had a good time and so did my family.