“Loved Little French Key!”
Review of Little French Key

Little French Key
Ranked #2 of 18 Nature & Parks in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to our Private Island Retreat......Best Moments....Both eco friendly and mystical, this place is built with kindness to the environment and people in mind, Little French Key is where you get back to your essence. Roatan is an uncommon place to rejuvenate physically, mentally and spiritually. .Join us for some of the best moments of your life.....
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Perfect setting and wonderful day! Thanks, Leo, for the tour! Would go back again without hesitation! Was everything and then some....

1  Thank Brenda H
littlefrenchkey, Owner at Little French Key, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words .....We are so glad that you completely enjoyed your stay with us and fully enjoyed what we have to offer....

Thank you for your very Positive review and may God Bless you and yours on this New Year ....It is people like you who makes us and give us the added encouragement to carry on despite many the many challenages here in Roatan Paradise:)

Management Team @ Little French Key and Frenchys 44

Write a ReviewReviews (2,994)
All reviews
"mini zoo"
in 49 reviews
"included lunch"
in 47 reviews
"little piece of paradise"
in 43 reviews
"jump off"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

While researching ports of call for my cruise out of Tampa, I came across Little French Key when researching Roatan. All of the reviews I read were extremely positive so we booked our day at this oasis. All I can say is WOW!!!! We were picked up after a short walk outside of the port and driven to Frenchy's 44 restaurant where we got on the boat for a very short ride to the island.

We were greeted by Leo when we arrived who was the delightful son of the owners and he gave us a tour of the island. Both my husband and I were thoroughly impressed with Leo and his amazing charisma in dealing with our group. For such a young guy (13 years old) he had such confidence and ease in explaining the areas of the island and sharing funny stories with us.

We spent the day mostly in the water snorkeling near the shore where we did see quite a few fish. I did pay the extra money to go snorkeling at the reef which is short boat ride around the island and it was absolutely incredible.

We had an amazing lunch of beef, chicken, lobster, shrimp and rice along with some cold beer to wash it all down.

My only complaint is that we couldn't stay longer!

A big thank you to the owners of the beautiful island and especially to Leo for your hospitality, introducing us to your amazing french bulldog Harley and for convincing me to jump off that high platform into the water!!

We have told many people about your island and hope to be back someday soon.

4  Thank NeedATanNow
littlefrenchkey, Owner at Little French Key, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your very Positive review and may God Bless you and yours....It is most certainly people like you who makes us and give us the added encouragement to carry on despite many daily challenges here in Roatan Paradise:)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful adventure at Little French Key (LFK) during the month of December 2012. When we were booking our cruise on Royal Caribbean I was looking around for excellent things to do in each of our port cities and discovered LFK. I checked with the cruise line and they were not offering LFK and I was a little hesitated to venture outside the normal cruise channels for a port adventure, but boy was I glad that we did. LFK was an excellent port stop and the staff did a terrific job of making sure we had a great time. I basically sent the LFK staff an email requesting a stay at their location along with a 1 tank dive. They took my information and told me our spot would be reserved. Once we arrived in Rotan we simply walked out of the port and met Dave who was holding a LFK sign. He then put us in a shuttle to their location. The drive is only about 10 or 15 minutes away from the port. You then take a small boat to the Key and enjoy a beautiful day. All of the amenities of the LFK were great to include a wonderful lunch. Special mention to Wayne and Elly from Zeppelin Diving who were our dive masters for the day. Once we arrived at LFK Wayne sat down with us asked about our experience level and what type of dive we wanted to do for the day. He then recommended numerous sites and offered to take us to the one we preferred. They were both fantastic dive masters and took plenty of pictures of our entire dive adventure. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants a great dive, especially those of us who are seasoned divers. All in all, Little French Key and Zeppelin Diving are top notch stops for anyone to enjoy at any level and I would recommend them.

5  Thank Rod-Ines

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to Little French Key on January 15th, 2013.. we were on the NCL Dawn ship.. and this Island was AMAZING!! It was about a 30 minute car ride to the restaurant Frenchy 44.. then a cute little boat came to pick us up to bring us to "Little French Key". When we got to the island, there was a little boy named LEO, who took us on a tour of the Island, where we got to meet Monkeys and beautiful birds. He was a GREAT tour guide, and knew a lot about the island that he lived on. We got there early enough to grab a great beach chair by the water. (there were plenty of seats available). We snorkeled in the water, which was beautiful. We saw so many different fish and sea shells. We booked a tour guide to take us snorkeling on the reef which was awesome! Highly recommend doing that! We had delicious lunch that was included in our package. I would highly recommend this Island to everyone, and can't wait to return! I miss it already!

The book this excursion I went to www.littlefrenchkey.com and e-mailed them saying I was interested in the Island, and they were so helpful and emailed me back quickly.

5  Thank Katie B