“Excellent!”

Monkeylala Trails ATV Tours
Ranked #111 of 193 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Our ATV Adventure Tour leads you through a hidden tropical forest and along the beach on Roatan’s picturesque south shore. This is a thrilling adventure that appeals to everyone, a special delight for nature lovers and photo enthusiasts. MonkeyLaLa Trails offers diverse terrain, exciting trails and dramatic views. Enjoy beautiful scenery and great family fun!
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We booked Monkeylala through Island Marketing. Malcom was our guide and he was absolutely the best guide we had the entire trip. He took the time to take photos for us and tell us all about Roatan and Honduras. Not only are the trails really fun, but you get to meet some really old sea turtles, too. Thank you, Malcolm!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

If you're looking for a calm, relaxing, picturesque beach, this is not the tour for you. If, however, you want to go careening through a rainforest on an ATV... catching up to snakes, seeing iguanas, and getting absolutely filthy, then look no further. We had a LOT of fun on this excursion. The guide "adjusted" the tour for us once he realized we were a little more experienced with ATVs. Make sure to bring a swimming suit, or wear one underneath your clothes, because at the end, you get a chance to swim with sea turtles. Pretty awesome, if you ask me. And really, there's nothing to be said about the zip-lining other than it was a total blast. A bit of a hike to get to the first launch point, but nothing unreasonable.

1  Thank Jill B
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I were booked at the zip-line tour next to these guys but when we were done, asked if we could hop on an ATV. There were no cruise ships in that day so it was just the two of us and two guides. It was supposed to be a 45 minute tour but I guess they weren't in a hurry because we were gone well over an hour. When we started, I noticed I was in 2W drive and they said, "that's all you'll need" - I was so dissapointed! But about 3 minutes later we stopped in front of a HUGE hill. Our guide said - "That's the advanced tour" then smiled and asked if we wanted to go for it. We have ATVs at home and couldn't say "Yes!" fast enough. It was all good from there. As we all became more comfortable, we started going faster, doing donuts, you name it. We seemed to criss cross over the regular trail several times but even then it was more challenging than I expected for this type of tour. The beach part was great - they let us play all we wanted and got out to check out the water too.

I'm not sure everyone will be as lucky as we were but it may be worth the risk!

1  Thank Andrea D
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I went May 2011 !This has to be the worst tour of life !!!! they steal your money ! you go on a atv and when they take you to this crappy little beach... which you cant even get into !!! they make you believe they are taking you to a paradise beach and to see nature at it best ! but thats not what you get. The tour is extremely short !!!!!!!!! and the guy talks to much. If you want adventure which is why you would go on an ATV.... THIS IS NOT THE TOUR FOR YOU! This is a huge rip off.

1  Thank celiagutierrez
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My family and I went on cruise in November 2011 and tried to book the ATV shore excursion through Carnival for $100 but was booked. We decided we would just shop in Roatan and stumble across MonkeyLaLa ATV tours and decided to do it since it was so much cheaper and there was no wait. Junior was our tour guide, he made several stops along the way to show us animals, trees and was very knowledgable the entire time. When then stopped at a little private beach and had drinks and talked about Roatan, again Junior was very knowledgable. I recommend this tour to anyone, don't waste your money booking the ATV tour through Carnival, MonkeyLaLa is wayyy better for the money. Request Junior as your tour guide and I'm sure you and your family will have as much fun as we did. I can't wait to come back to Roatan and do this again.

1  Thank TabithaAnnHendrix