“Papa Cameron was great!”

Rony's Tours - Private Guide
Ranked #10 of 214 Tours in Roatan
nc
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Papa Cameron was great!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We wanted a freestyle tour from our carnival cruise. Not the zip line or animal tour. Rony tours was the perfect fit. Cameron was very accommodating to our requests. We wanted to see the island, have some drinks and food and shop a bit. Cameron took our wants into consideration. The view from atop the lighthouse was awesome. Lunch on the beach where he suggested was perfect and when we saw a bar that looked cool, he stopped! We definetely went places the cruise ship wouldnt go. Didn't feel like we missed anything.

2 Thank tmhjunk

Chicago IL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Our Favorite "Excursion" on the cruise”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I booked this tour at the last minute. Ronnie got back with us immediately. We booked the South Shore Canopy Zip Line and West Bay Beach. It was $65 per person and the agenda is as follows.

- Depart from designed meeting point 35 - 40 minute after Your ship begins disembarkation
- 20-30 minute scenic drive to the South Shore Canopy Zip line
- Zip line tour time (approximately) 45 minutes.
- 3 minute drive from the South Shore Canopy to West Bay Beach
- (free beach access)
- Return to Your ship 1 hour 50 minutes before your ship is scheduled to leave

Michelle, our driver, picked us up just outside the cruise ship. When you get off the ship just walk left. Follow the where all the Taxi's and vehicles are coming from. It may seem a little sketchy but Rony's guides will just be beyond security. Michelle was wonderful. She told us about the island history, her background, and was willing to answer all of our questions. The drive to and from the ship is absolutely gorgeous. There was only one other couple with us half the time so it is basically a private tour. Zip lining was a blast and the guys that work there are awesome. Make sure you wear shoes and everything is attached to you promptly. You pay cash up front and a tip is highly recommended when completed. The views are breathing taking and there is a large line called "Big Sexy Mama" that looks out onto the ocean. From there Rony waited for us, we then were taken to the West Bay Beach. The beach was gorgeous but at the time of visit was very busy. There will be alot of vendors selling things and there are many hotels that have security guards making sure visitors are not laying on their beach chairs. We were able to find a shady area under a palm tree for some snorkeling and relaxation. Michelle told us to be back at a certain time and we left from there.

Overall the value of this tour is a steal. The customer service and the experience of the people and culture was wonderful and is a fresh of breath air away from the commercial feels of cruises. This is a must do. Remember to tip your driver well as they work hard to put a smile on your face!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Joshua J
Jacksonville Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A Great day with Rony”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We recently took a Carnival cruise and I booked a tour for my wife and I with Rony's Tours. Even though our ship was late because a Holland America ship had a very hard time getting into the port, Rony was waiting right where the email said he would be. As others have mentioned, just walk past all of the crowds and go past the security guards and walk down the hill. I think there were supposed to be several other people with us on our tour, but they did not show up. So, Rony took just the two of us. Rony walked us to his very nice van, and then we started our tour of the pretty island. Rony speaks perfect English. We arrived at the Monkey Ziplines just as several huge groups of people showed up. Rony spoke to the workers, and they let my wife and I go first on the ziplines. Those were fun! And, while the other people stopped after the 8th or so zipline, two guides took just my wife and I on several additional ziplines that went all the way down to the edge of the ocean. Very cool! Rony was waiting right where he said he would be. He continued to wait as we walked around the beautiful beach at the Gumbalimba park, and then we went with a park tour guide to see the iguanas, parrots, and monkeys. After we were done, we asked Rony to take us to a good "locals" seafood restaurant for lunch. Because some other people hired a lousy vehicle that broke down, he agreed to take them back to their ship while we ate lunch. He eventually joined us at the restaurant where we were happy to buy his lunch as well. He then asked if we wanted to look at any souvenirs, and we stopped at a large mall that had a variety of items. We then had to rush and RUN back to our ship. In hindsight, we should not have cut it that close. But, overall, it was a great day and we look forward to going back and visiting the island again one day soon. We had a much better time than the people crammed into one of the ship's tour buses, for a fraction of the price. Thanks, Rony!

2 Thank Floyd0214
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rony's - The Best Way to Experience Roatan”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

For $100, the 4 of us had an air conditioned car and private driver/guide all day. We experienced the beauties, fun, and culture of Roatan in a way we would never had been able to do in one of the ship line's big group tours to the common tourist traps. The "Pirates" zip line was pure fun, the side excursion to Punta Gorda was so very interesting, and we would never have found it or known of it without Rony's. They also took us to a little boat excursion we wanted to do in the mangrove trees. Again, I think we would not have been able to find it without Rony's, and we would not have known to find Captain Emeril and his charming little boat. It is obviously something the tour buses do not do; and if we had been by ourselves in a rental car, I wonder how we would have found it on the unmarked dirt roads. And we feel we learned much about Roatan from our guide (Rony's mother) because she had lived there her whole life. The visitor to Roatan will be a fortunate visitor if he/she can get with Rony's Tours. They communicated with us well before we went by email so we would know for sure where to meet them as we came off the ship. They know when the ships arrive, and are there and waiting. So if you want to get breakfast on the ship first (recommended), it is no problem. You don't have to feel hurried. Rony's will wait for you, and then take you wherever you want to go.

1 Thank SteveSLC
Des Moines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best thing to do while in Roatan!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family and I had recently took a cruise and one of our ports was Roatan. I did a lot of research on what we could do and I am so glad I booked with Rony's Tours. Well within my family's budget, and we had the most wonderful humble driver(Angel), who is very proud of where he comes from. He took us where ever we wanted to go and made some suggestions along the way. We went to the shops with a view, Iguana farm, another wonderful view by the airport, and then he took us to a wonderful snorkeling spot. Next time we go I will book with them again!

1 Thank jules501