“Great service! Friendly guide!”

Rony's Tours - Private Guide
Ranked #11 of 220 Tours in Roatan
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Having been to Roatan previously, we booked a freestyle tour with Rony to see sights we didn't get to enjoy. Arranging the tour was easy and Rony was very flexible with the itinerary. It was a fun and ful day and we got to see everything and manages to keep a leisurely pace. Rony was very knowledgeable and helped us negotiate entry fees.

And it cost us apprreciably less than what the hotel was offering for a similar tour. I highly recommend Rony's Tours!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was staying at the Media Luna Resort in Roatan with three others. We called Rony's Tours to arrange the Private Freestyle Tour for $25 per person (a similar trip through our resort was $69 per person and had less things to do and see and was not guided by a local and it was on a bus with 20 or so other guests). Rony showed up himself and we could not have asked for a better guided tour. He brought us everywhere we wanted to go and more.

He speaks english very well, he has a great sense of humour and he has a real love for his and its people. The van he picked us up in was very clean and comfortable and his driving was great - we felt safe the entire time.

Also, I suggest that you tour and bring some gifts for the local kids from Rony's hometown of Il Swampo. We brought them some crayons, erasers, pencils, etc and you should have seen the look on their faces. It was truly priceless to see kids that happy over these small gifts. Rony is doing great things with these children to keep them on the right path (e.g. organizing a soccer team) and I only wish I had more to give them while I was there.

If you get a change to book a tour with Rony's Tours, I strongly suggest that you do so.
If I return to Roatan, I will definitely be booking another tour with Rony!!

His website is: http://www.ronystours.com/ .

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visited Roatan on January 9, 2013 and enjoyed Rony's very flexible tour of the island. His thorough knowledge and often humorous presentation was appreciated by four seniors (68 to 75-year young), one of whom had a temporary but nevertheless limiting walking handicap. Sightseeing, one attraction (the iguana farm), and gaining some insight about Roatan was our primary objective, and we got that from Rony who speaks excellent English. The private unhurried tour in an air conditioned van was reasonable ($25 for each of the four plus $8 for one iguana farm ticket), and his customer oriented approach was just what worked out perfectly for us.

2  Thank ugidzi
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I just do not have enough good things to say about Rony's Tours!! My husband and I were on the Carnival Legend and after much research decided on Rony's before we set sail. Rony was great at answering any questions that we had prior to our trip. Our driver Cameron was waiting for us just as we were told he would be. Cameron was such an amazing guide and really made our day on his island perfect. He catered to our every request and added so much to our day with his genuine personality and kindness. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anybody! It was the highlight of our cruise for sure!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our family of 5 had a wonderful day with our tour guide Arnold. Rony's Tour was awaiting us as we exited the cruise ship. We did extreme zip lining at Pirates of the Caribbean which was more fun than our previous experience in Alaska. Arnold was so helpful in directing us to a local supermarket to obtain a food donation for a local orphanage. He was very knowledgable and informative about Roatan. Our teenagers enjoyed visiting with the animals at the Monkey Farm. We also had our first experience with plantain french fries. Arnold was very attentive to getting us back to our ship on time. We recommend Rony Tours to anyone visiting Roatan.

1  Thank tourmom3